What's new

My Father Limited

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
To expand on the other thread discussing Pelo d'Oro, I figured I would start a thread about this cigar. Has anyone smoked a pre-release yet? Anyone down in NOLA that got to smoke one?

In reading David Savona's blog on CA, I am very disappointed to read that Pepin will not be growing Pelo d'Oro tobacco again! If David is correct, I am very bummed... if the flavor profile of Pete's 2009 La Verite shows what this tobacco is all about, it's a sad day if Pepin decided to not grow this tobacco again!

From CA's David Savona after smoking Pepin & Jaime's new Limited cigar:

"I lit it up, and it was delicious, full of rich, sweet, woody flavor. Pepin said it's very heavy on a Cuban seed called Pelo d'Oro that he grew in Nicaragua. "For me," Pepin said, "it's the best Cuban seed ever--but it's very difficult." He won't grow it again--the yield is too low, the leaf too susceptible to blue mold and other pests.It’s somewhat stronger than a typical My Father, but not nearly as strong as the Le Bijou. It was a superb way to end the day. It shoudl be out in September."

Last edited:

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
This is/was the best smelling tobacco I've ever smelt in my short time. It smelled like a vintage wine when we were in Esteli. Must buy.......