What's new

My Father Limited

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I like a lot of Pepin sticks and I'm sure I'll try these, but I think the price on these is a mistake and I'd be surprised if they actually sell at MSRP. It's tough sledding right now for premium cigars in the higher price ranges. I've even seen the Verites discounted quite a bit, and Pete's probably the hottest cigar guy in the industry right now.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
by the way, Janny came on here a while back and said it would be 20 a piece for these... boxes of 12...
I got mine reserved!! Cannot pass up on this opportunity. This is a once in a lifetime cigar!!
I can't believe he's not doing Pelo de Oro again? That stuff looked, and smelled amazing!! oh, and it made the 09 Verites magically delicious!

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Ill be grabbing a box as well. Not only is Pepin going back to the table with his son to roll. He is adding a tobacco that most makers can't even get a hold of. Just can't pass em up.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
It certainly sounds like an interesting and great cigar. I'm a huge fan of the My Father line, especially the Le Bijou 1922 Petite Robusto.

Does anyone know how many boxes are actually being released?

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I wasn't lucky enough to get one of these at the show but I did luck up and run into Jose Ortega (and the entire Pepin entourage) at a daiquiri bar in NOLA. Jose sat with us for about 15 minutes and I asked him about this cigar.

This is the one that Pepin (and Jaime?) rolled. 5 tobaccos, one that Pepin hid seeds in his wife's purse to get out of Cuba (the Pelo de Oro). Limited to 5 boxes per store, 2000 boxes total. Will start hitting stores in about a month.

http://i35.tinypic.com/2uhbn7b.jpg

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Was in Holts in Philly today. Jamie and Jose will be there next Wednesday for 4 hours at the Center city location and then again on Thursday at the other one. Supposively the My Father Limited will be there for purchase

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I love the my father bands......they have all the taste and class of those old No Limit Records rap albums where it was the rapper's name in gold with diamonds encrusted....Pepin got his idea from there I think......

As for the cigar, I am going to try to get at least one, and save it for some occasion worthy of such a rare cigar. It's a shame he won't try to grow the same pelo de oro again...but who knows? The cigar world is full of surprises.