What's new

My fingers hurt

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Here is a pic of the 43 pipes I am currently working on. I was only able to finish around half today. I hate stems. My fingers are going to hurt for weeks and I still have 20 some more to go. I have to remind myself to stop trying to do these in such large batches. I hate to waste resources though so I do a large batch at a time instead of one or two. I try to restore each one like I was going to keep it for my collection so I do take my time on each one. I actually tossed back 2 stems I had done because I just wasn't happy with them. Probably would have gone unnoticed by most people but they are starting the entire process over until they are right. When these are done my problem will be deciding which ones I am adding to my collection. As I've worked on them I grow fond of more of them then I originally intended to keep. I'll post up some finished pics and maybe some before and afters. Hopefully they will ALL be done this weekend. IMG_3029.JPG

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
AMAZING PICS!

I don't know if I can continue to view this thread. It tempts me so much. I have never smoked a pipe in my life and have zero friends or acquaintances who smoke pipe but I really want to try. Not sure if it would be my thing but it really intrigues me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
AMAZING PICS!

I don't know if I can continue to view this thread. It tempts me so much. I have never smoked a pipe in my life and have zero friends or acquaintances who smoke pipe but I really want to try. Not sure if it would be my thing but it really intrigues me.

Check out the pipe newbie trade if you're interested! It's definitely different from cigars and takes some time and patience to get the hang of things but IMHO, worth it.

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
AMAZING PICS!

That was me earlier this year, but with all the talk of how pipe tobacco tastes on the cigar forums I frequent I had to dive in. Very glad I did!

Awesome pipes and restoration job bro (y)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man this is incredible. What kind of work goes in to restoring a pipe usually? My brother has a pipe my grandfather passed on to him that was HIS grandfathers. It was really clogged when we first got it but he cleaned it out a bit and it smokes beautifully now.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Here are today's finished pipes in a group pic. I have two bowls that need some attention and a couple stems that need attention not pictured. Then I'm all caught up. This was a butt kicking group. I'm am on the fence about keeping all the Savinelli pipes for myself.
IMG_3193.JPG

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Man this is incredible. What kind of work goes in to restoring a pipe usually? My brother has a pipe my grandfather passed on to him that was HIS grandfathers. It was really clogged when we first got it but he cleaned it out a bit and it smokes beautifully now.
Well it's a complete sanitization in two parts. Stems and bowls. It isn't complicated but you do have to be careful with each step and there are many materials to gather for the process. I think there are a few threads here that walk you through. I always tell guys if you don't have a big collection to maintain and it's just a pipe or two have someone do it for you. I'd gladly help out anyone here if you message me.