What's new

My Job: Apparently Jumping on BS Vendors.. Today Meet 4Noggins & Penzance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Wow! Thanks for the heads up....what is MSRP on 8oz of Stonehaven?
I typically see $28.95 for the 8oz Esoterica blends.

You see the easy to get blends for $28.95. 2 years ago the avreage price for Stonehaven and Penzance was $35.99. I see nothing wrong with what they are doing. Just because they are a retailer, they are still trying to make money. You have to remember most retailers when they do get it, only get MAYBE 6-10 bags of each. So 99%of the time, it never even goes up on the website, the first 6-10 people on the waiting list that respond to the e-mail get the goods. Also, 4n sell tobacco on consignment, the 2oz tin of Penzance and the bag of Stonehaven could be on consignment. They paid the guy what he wanted for it, and they are recouping what they spent. At least this way, they are giving people the chance to get it. You dont want it? Dont bid. You want it? Bid on it. Just like cigars, tobacco is only worth as much as you are willing to pay for it.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
So I just read the add on Ebay...

ESOTERICA STONEHAVEN 8oz

NOT AVAILABLE IN ANY STORE

-- The value of the item is the collectible packaging, not the tobacco itself.
-- The value of the packaging is higher than the current retail price of the tobacco in the package.
-- While the package has never been opened, the tobacco inside is not for consumption.
-- The collectible packaging is not currently available in stores.
-- The buyer must be at least 18 years old. (As the seller, I'm responsible for making sure this rule is met.)
-- Both the buyer and the seller are following all applicable laws and shipping regulations for this transaction.

This tin is being sold on consignment. If you have older ins that you would like to sell, please contact me at richard@4noggins.com

ESOTERICA PENZANCE 2oz

NOT AVAILABLE IN ANY STORE

-- The value of the item is the collectible packaging, not the tobacco itself.
-- The value of the packaging is higher than the current retail price of the tobacco in the package.
-- While the package has never been opened, the tobacco inside is not for consumption.
-- The collectible packaging is not currently available in stores.
-- The buyer must be at least 18 years old. (As the seller, I'm responsible for making sure this rule is met.)
-- Both the buyer and the seller are following all applicable laws and shipping regulations for this transaction.

This tin is being sold on consignment. If you have older ins that you would like to sell, please contact me at richard@4noggins.com

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Maybe you should check the facts before calling out a vendor...
Maybe you should get yourself some $50 Penzance. Are you suggesting all those tins they sold are consignment tins? Drink the Kool-Aid Russ. These retailers are the reason good folks on here can't get product at reasonable prices.

Russ, I just bought 2oz Penzance for $12.95 and 8oz Stonehaven for $28.95. Penzance is listed at $10.15 on their website. If you need a reasonably priced vendor let me know. They are quite a few out there that would appreciate the business.
As a matter of fact. Russ collects lots of Stonehaven and Penzance. As much or more than anyone I know. I trust his opinion on market values for it.

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Russ is my pipe guru. He knows penzance and stonehaven. He has had more penzance than most of us on this board will ever see in a lifetime put together. Those auctions say consignment. Are they consignment? I don't know. But I will take their word for it for now till I find out differently.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
But we are talking about secondary market price. It's a consignment. They are selling it on behalf of someone else.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Maybe you should check the facts before calling out a vendor...
Maybe you should get yourself some $50 Penzance. Are you suggesting all those tins they sold are consignment tins? Drink the Kool-Aid Russ. These retailers are the reason good folks on here can't get product at reasonable prices.

Russ, I just bought 2oz Penzance for $12.95 and 8oz Stonehaven for $28.95. Penzance is listed at $10.15 on their website. If you need a reasonably priced vendor let me know. They are quite a few out there that would appreciate the business.

Really? I was trying to be respectful to you and just point out that the adds stated they were being sold on consignment. Do I want $50 Penzance or Stonehaven, no I dont need it, I have over 10 pounds of each. As a mater of fact I just gave away for FREE an 8oz bag of each to someone here. I dont need you to give me the names of vendors, vendors call me when they get it in stock, I don't even have to check my email. Yes they have it listed for $10.15, but what they sold on Ebay was, now I will break this down and try to type slowly for you... are ya ready?? Ya sure?? Tell me if I am going to fast for you....
Con-sign-ment

Drink the Kool-aide? LMAO, I have forgotten more about pipe and pipe tobacco than you will ever know.

Oh and one last thing... watch ebay next week, Im going to put up a bag of each and sell in a lot, $200 reserve, and I guarantee I'll get $275-$300. Have a nice night!

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Oh and I have bought baccy on consignment. Not from 4noggins yet. But thanx for pointing it out. Now I gotta keep an eye on their website.

Status
Not open for further replies.