What's new

My Job: Apparently Jumping on BS Vendors.. Today Meet 4Noggins & Penzance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
They have a consignment section on their own website. I trust they sell tobacco on consignment.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Your not the only one enraged. I've seen this same outrage lately on other forums. But in this case I believe rhe outeage is mistaken because it is a consignment. 4noggins is a good company for pipers to deal with.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Too fast for me Russ. Why don't you post it on here for sale?
Why? Because I wont get what I want for it here that's why. Just like a lot of people here also have accounts on other boards to sell stuff because they wont get what they want for here. You need some? How much you want? Pound? 2 pounds? Couple of 2oz tins? Id have to check, but I think I have about 20-25 of them. But see, they are all over 5 years old, so yeah, I would want $40-$50 each for them.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
:wtf::wtf:
Why? Because I wont get what I want for it here that's why. Just like a lot of people here also have accounts on other boards to sell stuff because they wont get what they want for here. You need some? How much you want? Pound? 2 pounds? Couple of 2oz tins? Id have to check, but I think I have about 20-25 of them. But see, they are all over 5 years old, so yeah, I would want $40-$50 each for them.
I'm good, thanks for the help and the brotherly gesture Russ. I'm sure the tins on 4noggins' ebay account are 5 years old, and they're on consignment. :wtf:

Last edited:

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I think the chest puffing needs to be deflated. Lots of good Botl arguing about shit that really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things gents. It's tobacco ......

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I think the chest puffing needs to be deflated. Lots of good Botl arguing about shit that really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things gents. It's tobacco ......
I for one wasn't arguing. I was pointing out facts. 4noggins is a good vendor. I was sticking up for a vendor so their reputation wasn't tarnished on this forum.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Agreed. I got a little heated and I am sorry. Now normally I would go kick the dog to take out my frustrations but I think I'll just bomb skully.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I for one wasn't arguing. I was pointing out facts. 4noggins is a good vendor. I was sticking up for a vendor so their reputation wasn't tarnished on this forum.

Ok Il change my statement to a couple good Botl........ Sorry to include you Grrrr ;)

Rating - 100%
163   0   0

Ok Il change my statement to a couple good Botl........ Sorry to include you Grrrr ;)
Roflmao.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I am gonna be honest. The only way I ever get Penzance is at a shop in Chicago for around $40 an 8oz bag. It's worth that because I can't ever find it anywhere else most of the time. I actually have a harder time finding Stonehaven. This is America... You can do whatever the hell you want.. If you don't like it don't support them. That just how it works.

<3's Hoshy

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
I wont fan the flames to much but on the other side of it I saw someone post on how he was deployed so he couldnt get releases of sticks he wanted so when he had the money but not the time secondary market with higher prices was the only way he had access. Me, if I get a job soon I will probably hit up russ on his aged penzance cause I didnt have the time to age it but with overtime im willing to pay for his time put in to it, thats only 10 bucks a year so for me its worth it to try it.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I am gonna be honest. The only way I ever get Penzance is at a shop in Chicago for around $40 an 8oz bag. It's worth that because I can't ever find it anywhere else most of the time. I actually have a harder time finding Stonehaven. This is America... You can do whatever the hell you want.. If you don't like it don't support them. That just how it works.

<3's Hoshy
That actually seem about right if the shop's charging msrp and with all the taxes you're hit with in Chitown. MSRP on the 8oz bags is somewhere around $30-33 ish so close to $40 isn't overpaying, you're just getting hit with Chitown taxes. G1

As for the product, it could happen to any company. In the cigar world, company A is used to making a certain number of cigars (kind and vitola) per year. if the demand for said particular cigars happened to multiply say tenfold, they wouldn't have enough to go around for a while, thus causing the demand/scarcity. Even with a big company, Padron for example, if for some reason, everyone wanted 1964 corona's all of a sudden, they'd be short for some time and at the same time, they wouldn't up production to meet the demand as they historically have a certain number sold per year. So their thinking would be, "why make too many and sit on them if they don't' sell". With all the new pipe smokers, and positive internet chatter, yes there is less to go around, and yes Stonehaven and Penzance used to be on the shelves collecting dust a few years ago- Think Pappy Van Winkle of the tobacco world. Just have patience and it will come around when the "new-this is the shit" tobacco comes around. G1

Status
Not open for further replies.