What's new

My Newair 280 Wineador

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
This unit is wired up with a ETC to protect unit from power outage over cooling. Also has an RH controller in the event that I want to change to an active humidity control in future (running Boveda's now). A 5 channel computer fan controller to power a fan for the control center and one inside unit, with three spare power sets. Topping it off with a 8 channel wireless hygrometer with 3 remotes inside unit.

Roll that wineador footage.......

Currently have trays from Cheaphumidors.com until my drawers from Forrest arrive.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
What's the blue tube leading down to the bottom?
Its a 3/8" Jon Guest waterline that I have plugged onto the rear drain hole fitting and routed back into the unit so that any condensate pulled from the inside air is kept inside the unit.
Sorry -- this is over my head -- how's that different than just plugging the holes on the inside of the unit?

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
What's the blue tube leading down to the bottom?
Its a 3/8" Jon Guest waterline that I have plugged onto the rear drain hole fitting and routed back into the unit so that any condensate pulled from the inside air is kept inside the unit.

Sorry -- this is over my head -- how's that different than just plugging the holes on the inside of the unit?

Heh, no worries bro. Thats why we forum, to share ideas.

Some folks have chosen to plug their drain plugs with hot glue or some other sealant. The problem with this is, if your unit creates condensate, it now has no where else to go. It will fill the little shelf around the plugged drain plug, then it will overflow and run down the back wall of your unit going wherever gravity takes it.

I wanted a more controlled setup. With the ability to store sticks on the bottom without worry of condensate soaking the box.
With my blue waterline routed into the bottom draining directly into this s/s tray, I have no worries of water running down my back wall.

Like most other features I have included. It is not needed for daily operation, but its a safety measure in the event of condensate being made.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I did something similar with my cooler. Instead of it going back into the unit I drilled a whole on the cap of a water bottle and left the hose inside the bottle to drain. Now I don't have to open the cooler to see when its fullor to dump the water.

I don't have the fancy unit you do but I do have temp problems and had to unplug the drain.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
After what seemed like an eternity (June till present day) I now have a FedEx tracking number from Forrest for my drawers.

They are scheduled to arrive on Friday according to FedEx.......gosh this week is going sooooooo slooooowwww. Is it Friday yet? How bout now? Oh just get here already!

My hopes, that they hold all the sticks currently in the wineador and a good chunk of the sticks currently in my coolidor. Me thinks reality will not allow that.

We shall see.....

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
wow ! I used the same programmable thermo switch on my wine-o build. But a second one, for the RH, nice touch indeed. .... Good luck, nice job !

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Hopefully my last before and after set of pics.

The before set :

The after pics will be posted Friday when drawers arrive (is it Friday yet? No? Just checking ):