What's new

my son and the stl blues

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Wow. Brings back memories. Haven't thought of Tim Cheveldae in years. Good to see Wings that have since passed away. RIP Probert and McCrimmon. Chaisson was probably on that team too. Thanks for posting that.

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Wow. Brings back memories. Haven't thought of Tim Cheveldae in years. Good to see Wings that have since passed away. RIP Probert and McCrimmon. Chaisson was probably on that team too. Thanks for posting that.
Your welcome buddy!
Wings just scored on the Av's while I watched that. Fitting.
That's funny. I just finished the blues buffalo game. I cant believe the streak were on! just hope it keeps through the play offs knowing how we normally do lol. I really think were onto something with this Elliot/Allen combo though! Allen got a shut out tonight maybe it was karma for hooking my son up with the photo! :)

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
You've had a good young team for several years now. Hitchcock is a great coach. As soon as he got there, I could see a difference in the team. That last year in the West, every game DET played against the Blues felt like a playoff game. Experience is what gets you through the playoffs. It'll come.

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
11 most of any US based franchise. Only behind Toronto whom we'll catch soon enough and those french speaking Canadiens who got a head start because nobody knew how to play at first
The fact that the team predate the NHL has nothing to do with it.. in the 60s and 70s most cup came to Montréal. That's how we have more than both the wings and leafs combined

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
The fact that the team predate the NHL has nothing to do with it.. in the 60s and 70s most cup ca me to Montréal. That's how we have more than both the wings and leafs combined

Actually you have as many 11+13 = 24 with the last one being 22 years ago. Quite the drought for such a storied franchise

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good stuff, great photos! Of course I'm biased, but can't think of a better sport to have kids involved in. Added bonus, you can play/compete with them, when they age into adults.

Here's a photo of my Little One and our favorite non-Avs player & our favorite trophy.....

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Took my daughter (5 years old at the time) to her first Blues game back in October 2013. Made it a pre-season game because I could get decent seats for fairly cheap, so I'd not really be out much if she only wanted to stay for a few minutes and then leave. So we arrived for the opening face off, and sat through the entire 1st period... then the entire 2nd... then the entire 3rd, (minus a couple minutes to start the 3rd, had to use the facilities and get snacks)... When the game ended, we watched the crowd file out... then I began to carry her out, and I noticed she seemed upset so I asked her what was wrong... and she told me "I'm sad because it's over".

We've been back a few times now, and it never gets old. :)

Last edited:

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Took my daughter (5 years old at the time) to her first Blues game back in October 2013. Made it a pre-season game because I could get decent seats for fairly cheap, so I'd not really be out much if she only wanted to stay for a few minutes and then leave. So we arrived for the opening face off, and sat through the entire 1st period... then the entire 2nd... then the entire 3rd, (minus a couple minutes to start the 3rd, had to use the facilities and get snacks)... When the game ended, we watched the crowd file out... then I began to carry her out, and I noticed she seemed upset so I asked her what was wrong... and she told me "I'm sad because it's over".

We've been back a few times now, and it never gets old. :)
That's adorable!

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
That's adorable!
Equally adorable was the way that seeing the crowd outside after the victory, car horns honking and people cheering, was what really lifted her spirits again. She and I respond to every post-game triple-horn-honk with the classic "let's go Blues" chant after every game... it's all part of our daddy/daughter hockey night. :)

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I'm a Blues fan also. But don't live near St Louis. Luckily my Fox sports Midwest shows almost all of their games so I get to see almost all of their games. Awesome run they are on right now. Good to see they are nice people too.

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
;)
I'm a Blues fan also. But don't live near St Louis. Luckily my Fox sports Midwest shows almost all of their games so I get to see almost all of their games. Awesome run they are on right now. Good to see they are nice people too.
Cant beat the commentary by Kelly, Panger and Ferderko! Holy jumping its amazing!

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
;)
Cant beat the commentary by Kelly, Panger and Ferderko! Holy jumping its amazing!
Yeah Panger is a little excitable, but I like it. Just got a Taresenko jersey and have a Pietrangelo one coming for my 7 year old. Just hoping for some playoff success this year. Hoping we can get the 1 seed from our division so we might not have to play Chicago or Nashville in the 1st round.