What's new

My [still on going] Journey through the sortaNPE

AuGar

AuGar
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If you're still looking at options, I sometimes use a 5.11 shirt (under shirt) that has integrated holsters under each arm. I have been carrying around many of family members and no one is able to tell I am concealing a pistol (kel-tec pf9). If you have to go through your belt to get your weapon, lifting till you're shirt might be a bit easier.

I do agree though regarding your opinion on IWB holsters, they're really tough to conceal with a tucked in shirt

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
If you're still looking at options, I sometimes use a 5.11 shirt (under shirt) that has integrated holsters under each arm. I have been carrying around many of family members and no one is able to tell I am concealing a pistol (kel-tec pf9). If you have to go through your belt to get your weapon, lifting till you're shirt might be a bit easier.

I do agree though regarding your opinion on IWB holsters, they're really tough to conceal with a tucked in shirt
I have the same shirt. I use it occasionally, but IMO, it really only useful with a shirt with snaps. I wear a lot of Wrangler denim shirts in the fall/ winter. Under, say a golf shirt, (polo) it can be a bit awkward to draw. In a panic situation, I'm not sure it'd be an advantage at all. YMMV

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
and you don't like the sound of Rowan's Creek.
but don't mind Macallan.
and REALLY LIKE Auchentoshen.
and fresh Zarma golf tees.
and...

:punch:
Stop stalking me or I will report you.

and I have enough alcohol to last me at least a couple of years (with the 4-5 drinks I have a year.)
and I have hundreds of tees to last me this year and much more.
and you are going to need a backhoe to dig yourself out of this one.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Stop stalking me or I will report you.

and I have enough alcohol to last me at least a couple of years (with the 4-5 drinks I have a year.)
and I have hundreds of tees to last me this year and much more.
and you are going to need a backhoe to dig yourself out of this one.
Reported your stalking already (although it will probably get me banned.)

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I like the shit outta this thread. Well, the first page at least! Keep the updates coming.
Yeah, second page took an odd twist...

I've only been working with the "secret" holster so far. It's a brilliant design and I have some feedback that should, IMO, make it even better.

I haven't found a way to mount the PPQ holster to the SmartCarry yet that satisfies me. It is very easily doable, but all of the current remedies just seem too janky. I would like to find a more refined mounting method before even starting testing. I'd hate to wreck either one and be back to square one.

I've yet to update my wardrobe in any way. It's expensive, I want to see if it will actually work with my current options, and I actually really like my clothes - so there's that. If it becomes an impassable issue, I'll update and re-evaluate from there.

I also did one day of standard strong-side carry and left my suit coat on all day. it was awful. It confirmed my choices on this project so far.