What's new

My [still on going] Journey through the sortaNPE

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Update:

Spent some time talking to Josh over the weekend about my feedback for the unreleased holster. He was very receptive of my comments, and is incorporating 2 of the 3 ideas into future holsters. He actually talked me out of the third, so he actually knows his stuff. He offered to send me an updated "Beta" holster but I instead had him walk me through the steps to update my current sample. I'd say it's currently halfway between Alpha and Beta phase... basically version 1.5.

Side note:
I was humbled to discover that Armiger Solutions has featured me on their social media (Facebook and Instagram) as a thanks for being a loyal customer ever since they opened up shop. It's really not difficult to be fond of a company that puts out excellent gear with top-notch service, and every piece is a hand made by a single person.
While I'm neither compensated nor sponsored by this company, I must now say I have a close relationship with this company.
So, yes, I do consider Josh a good friend. But, I also use their gear every single day - on the range and "in the streets." FWIW.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Some both good and bad news today: looks like the "secret" holster won't ever go, officially, public. I'll post up some photos and details of it soon.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Well almost a month later (LOL at "soon.") it's time for the BIG REVEAL.
*drum roll please*

THE SECRET HOLSTER
Tuckable aiwb. What makes this different from other tuckable holsters? There's NOTHING to reveal it exists. There is no loop, clip, etc showing on your belt to draw attention and raise questions.
Mine is for a Shield 9.

Here you can see mount and gap for tucking in your shirt:

Ride height is adjustable. Ugly marks are from me sanding the edge down.

The mount tucks in behind your belt loop for strength. The velcro helps keep it in place. Josh shipped mine with soft strips of velcro to attach to my belts (pro tip: heat up the adhesive a little bit and it will stay on your belt forever).

Here you can see the wedge that helps tuck the grip in.

Gun is on. Notice how you can't see the mount on the belt.

For anybody who has ever carried, you know that the WORST concealment garment is a white, textured shirt. So I chose that for my demo. Still no sign of a gun. It does take some practice learning how to tuck in your shirt around the holster without giving away what you're doing. It probably took me 10 minutes in front of the mirror.

Another angle. I also wear a tie and jacket at work, further concealing the rig. I left those out for demo purposes.

Full firing grip achieved.

Now for the sad news:
Armiger Solutions will not be selling these publicly, at least for the time being.
"Why?"
While cruising through Instagram, Josh (owner of Armiger) found another company selling a very similar belt mount (not holsters, just the mount). Even though he had never seen it before he made my holster, and despite the fact the company is not in the US market (I believe the company is in New Zealand), he refuses to sell something that is copying somebody else's work. All class.
He says he MIGHT make them for people who are in the know and specifically request them.