What's new

My Uzi Weighs a Ton

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Podman and Jonathan Drew hooked us up with a preview smoke of the potential blend of the future My Uzi Weighs a Ton. Uzi was blended by JD at the JdN factory. I will let Podman or JD chime in with the exact stats of the cigar. Not going to review it, but more or less post my thoughts:

I smoked the massive 7x60 Uzi. Huge. Snipped the end with a table saw because we didn't think a regular cutter would suffice. Perfect draw, nice pure white ash, only had to touch up a few times.

To me the stick was more medium-full bodied with tons of flavor. The first half of the smoke I couldn't quite pick out exactly what flavors I was getting. But at the halfway point I started to pick out a distinct sweetness to it. A little fig or dry fruit is I guess a good way to describe it but for me, the best description is this...every year around xmas my family makes these Italian cookies that are chocolate and cinnamon. The flavor reminded me of those.

I would def buy this stick when its released BUT I don't really care for cigars this big, so in order for me to buy a cigar this size the price would have to be very enticing for me. I did enjoy the 2 1/2 hrs I spent smoking it. I think JD and JdN has something really exciting going for them with the Uzi.

And yes, we did YOUTUBE Public Enemy's "My Uzi Weighs a Ton" and listen while we were smoking it.

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
As JD stated in another thread, this is just a first run and a lot could/probably will change. I'd imagine that includes size. I don't like this size either but in all honesty its worth trying if the blend doesn't change much. But I think thats the point of the cigar, to be massive. I'm sure they know its not for everyone. There was also a 6x60 if the 7x60 was too big. LOL

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
I'd probably smoke one, just to see...though I'm not sure when cause I rarely have the time for something that massive :dunno:.

Dan

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Like most of you I don't gravitate towards the larger smokes, but this being from Drew Estate I'll definitely give it the ol' college try.

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
i smoked this last night as well. Like the rest of you I dont like this size cigar, but enjoyed this sample. I agree with pauls notes on the Uzi for the most part. it is a solid medium strength cigar with full flavors of some cinnamon, dark chocolate and an overall sweet characteristic. The Mexican Capa adds an earthyness to round out the sweet flavor from all the Brazilian Mata Fina in this blend. Towards the end I got plenty of roasted nutty flavors. I expected a heavier cigar, but like i said this ends up as a solid medium to me. I would have liked just a little more strength in the blend, but with a cigar this size you dont want it to be too strong or it wouldnt be enjoyable. Even though it isnt a size i prefer, i could see myself smoking this blend again.

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
The size of the Uzi is just plain crazy. I don't like cigars with that large of a ring gauge. Don't really believe in smoking something larger than my dick! Haha lol!

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
I am a huge fan of the #9, T52, et al....But 7X60....Man! Almost (hate to say this) sounds like a novelty.

I will try one I'm sure, but can't see putting this into the regular rotation... :(

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I am a huge fan of the #9, T52, et al....But 7X60....Man! Almost (hate to say this) sounds like a novelty.

I will try one I'm sure, but can't see putting this into the regular rotation... :(
I agree on it not being regular rotation, not just because of size but because I can't devote that much time to smoking a cigar very often. BUT...I would buy a few and keep in the humi just for the rare occasion I want a huge, long smoke.