What's new

My very first CC

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Was at my favorite cigar BM today smoking a DPG blue when one of the guys that runs the place came in with a box of cigars. I asked him what he had and he said a variety of CC's that he just got from someone. I told him I had never even SEEN a real CC. He pulled one out and gave it to me. It didn't hurt that I had just brought him some BBQ that I smoked on the pit this past weekend so he handed me the cigar as thanks for the BBQ. Haven't smoked it yet, but that's coming shortly!

Montecristo #2. WOOT!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Looks the same as 1 I got from a brother on here during a trade. I haven't smoked a ton of cigars and I consider my self an nc noob...and don't know a thing about ccs but the monte #2 has been one of the best cigars iv smoked. My first cc purchase will probably be some of these.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
From what I can see it looks ok get us some more pics. Whole cigar,close up of cap and foot. That will give some of the seasoned guys a chance to weigh in.

Sent from my HTC331ZLVW using Tapatalk

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Isn't the Monte logo/fleur on the band all white, or have they changed it?
Cap looks pretty sloppy too. I have my doubts but will wait for others to chime in.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
It looks very different to mine, but would need more pics to give you an honest opinion. But yeah I thought the logo was meant to be all white so if they had a gold insert release that may be why it looks different. The cap looks different too and the band has a sheen I haven't seen on Monte 2's before. Would be interested to find out more about this release, have to go check cubacigarwebsite when I get a chance.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
So many fakes out there it's hard to tell. I know for a fact AVOID GLASS TOP boxes for CC's. My parents went to Cancun and came home with 10 for me, right off the bat I said they were fakes just by packages. I don't have the heart to tell them they're fake because they were so excited to get them home to me. I do have yet to smoke one, but I think I'm going to cut one up first and see what the hells inside.

I want to say from that one pic it looks legit. I'm nowhere near a seasoned CC smoker. But from what I've been reading here and seeing how to spot real to fake, I'm very cautious now. Read up on it in the CC section of the forum. Someone posted somewhere how to spot fakes.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Good call, Brother, I have seen some nasty sh!t in Mexican fakes before...things you would not want to inhale under any circumstances.
I'm guilty of smoking ONE. And it tasted like cardboard, which is probably something that was in it. I feel so horrible to throw them out and tell my parents that they got scammed to fakes.