What's new

NC vs CC

If the embargo was lifted, which cigars would make up the bulk of your reserve?

• Cuban

Votes: 97 39.6%
  • Non Cuban

Votes: 148 60.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
alright dude... i've already grown tired of you... goodbye.
"If you go looking for hot water, don't act shocked when you get burned a little bit." - White Stripes, Catch Hell Blues.

Though it was an arguement we had I have no ill feelings towards you, whether you like me or not. Maybe the way I irk you is the way Ice irk's me.

:hammersma

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe the way I irk you is the way Ice irk's me.

:hammersma
Have you ever seen him in person?
Man's biceps are biggger than the average person's thigh.
That man can irk me all he wants given he can easily snap my neck.

Aside from that and more importantly, you will never meet a finer BOTL.
The best part of my upcoming business trip in a couple of weeks will be to share a laugh and a smoke with him, given we live so many miles apart and don't often get to do that.

That is what a board like this should bring to a person. The joy of making friends to share a smoke, regardless if he likes $1,000 cigars and you like $1 ones.

Just two cents from an old man.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I don't care if someone likes Habano's. I like Habano's. I don't care if they prefer Habano's over Domestic cigars.

Just find it annoying when a person does it because they have a superiority complex and need to feel superior to others.

How does me prefering Cubans over domestics is most cases give me a superiority complex? I may think Cubans are superior, but not that I am.

I've seen Ice on various forums since I started using forums 3 years ago

Various? I am only on two public forums, and you were on one of them for a very short time. I love the way you misrepresent facts to make your arguments.

and though he smokes about 95% Cuban's he ends up finding his way into discussions about Domestic cigars and trying to speak down to those who think it is a good cigar while he insists that the Cuban's he smokes are far superior as if it makes him superior for smoking them.

You are so full of it. I don't talk down to anyone, except perhaps a snotnose kid who thought that trying <10 Cuban cigars made him qualified to dismiss them across the board.

This year I have reviewed Esencia cigars, llusione cigars, Tatuaje cigars, Viaje cigars, Fuente cigars, Padron cigars...and the only one I gave a negative review to was the Tatuaje Face. But go ahead, continue to try and spread your nonsense and besmerch my name, if it makes you feel better about yourself.

Kind of reminds me of kids who smoke pot and drink beer to seem cool to the other kids, or a guy who is having a mid life crises who goes out and buys a Corvette. Just kind of cliche and corny. Get's old faster than me responding to the one of his fifty daily posts amongst the 5 or so forums he uses every 5 months or so.

Huh? :bouncetau

;)

By the way, what he said was he agreed with another persons post "my thoughts exactly" and the person said they would NOT re-visit another cigar on the list other than the Oliva V. Which means he would NOT smoke any of the cigars on the list other than the Oliva V. It's right there set in stone.
Guess you got me on the last one. What I should have said was that I would not purchase another one of the cigars on that list. But with many of them, if a friend and a BOTL handed me one, I would happily smoke it with him. Don't worry, though, I don't consider you either. ;)

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Sorry to everyone, not my intent at all, you all had some great discussion here. I just couldn't watch the lies mount up and not defend myself to some degree.

sloth

5_toed
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I saw Louis Black last Sunday.... He talked about getting rid of his iPhone because of growing tired of AT&T's phone service in NYC. When he started to mention that he bought a Droid, some people in the audience clapped and whistled. Louis stopped what he was saying, and covered his face. Then looked up and said, "NEVER! Applaud an inanimate object!"

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Wow. Amazing how repetitive the threads that are generated from this question are. They always seem to follow the same downward spiral. Kudos to those on this site for keeping it more civil and under control than most places I've seen this conversation play out. And as to the back and forth earlier, let me say that I've met IceHog (a couple of times if memory serves) and he is a true BoTL. Truly a nice guy with a true love of the leaf. The fact that his preferences don't match yours doesn't make him, or you, superior, just different. And that goes for this whole conversation and everyone in it.

JNT

The Bull
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Wow. Amazing how repetitive the threads that are generated from this question are. They always seem to follow the same downward spiral. Kudos to those on this site for keeping it more civil and under control than most places I've seen this conversation play out. And as to the back and forth earlier, let me say that I've met IceHog (a couple of times if memory serves) and he is a true BoTL. Truly a nice guy with a true love of the leaf. The fact that his preferences don't match yours doesn't make him, or you, superior, just different. And that goes for this whole conversation and everyone in it.
/Agree... and Cubans are superior :timebomb:

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
been stocking up on cubans in anticipation of the embargo ending. construction and cuban tobacco have been excellent. 2006 onwards have been fabulous. would hate to see the quality go down.

i have about 30% ncs. i like them for a change of pace. would prefer an EL or RE vs some of the limited edition nc cigars, especially if you compare price points.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've only been smoking cigars seriously for about a year and like booth NC and CC. Since most cubans need a couple of years to age my buying tactics have been: find cubans you like and buy boxes, don't smoke those to often(because they need aging) so be sure to stock up on NC-singles/fivers/boxes to smoke(and some I actually love) so I can get a good aged CC stash sometime in the future.