What's new

"Nebraska, the good life" Herf - GAUGING INTEREST

Would you be able make it out here?

• Total voters

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Edit: A poll for the dates is here, http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=10429

Ok fellas I am beginning the process of trying to plan a herf out here in "Nebraska, the good life" and would like to get a feel for the number of you that would like to attend/be willing to attend.

At this time please vote yes or no on whether you would like to attend. I am not including 'maybe' because I think most would be a 'maybe' at this point versus a 'yes'.

I have no idea what time of the year it would occur, feel free to post some suggestions.

My preliminary idea is as follows:

Friday -
Travel day and herf at Cigarros

My idea is everyone would fly/drive into town this day. For those flying in we would attempt to arrange everyone's flights to arrive in Omaha within maybe a three hour window...like 1pm to 4pm.

Once everyone arrived we would all hit the road for Cigarros together. My initial thought is to rent a fifteen passenger van for all of us to use.

At the end of the night we would once again utilize the van to transport everyone out to Fremont. There is a Holiday Inn Express here as well as substantial room at La Casa del Wasch.

Since I don't have to travel the van and a preset amount of the tab at Cigarros would be paid by me.

Saturday -
Herf and poker tournament at the house.

We could plan the cards to begin late in the afternoon in case some brothers are not able to travel Friday and need to travel on Saturday.

Again, those flying in would try and get their flights to arrive within a three hour window...say 11am to 1pm. That way we can use the van again. I live 50 miles from the airport so a cab is out of the question and I figure the van will make it more economical for those on a budget.

Sunday -
Return home for everyone. Again, we would need to make use of the van so departures would need to be relatively close together. Not so much as the arrivals though.

So, let me know what you guys think...whether you would be willing to make the trip...as well as suggesting a time of year.

Let me reiterate...you are by no means making any sort of commitment to attend at this point...oh, and Cigarros is everything it appears to be on the website. Hot ass waitresses and a very excellent decor. (they were not wearing lingerie though :sadcry:) :rofl:

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Sounds like a great idea Todd! I probably wouldn't be able to do something like this until summer, but I would try to make it work whenever you decide to do it.:thumbsup:

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Might have to drive to Birmingham for a decent fare. ATL to OMA looks like 5 c notes on an RJ. It's only 15 hours driving time. Sounds like it would be a blast.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Damn man, that is crazy expensive. When I flew home I connected in Atlanta and my whole flight was less then $300.

Looking as far ahead as May it looks like you could get a ticket for less then $250 on Orbitz.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Todd, I'd be honored to attend. I think if you do it late spring or during the summer, I should be able to make it...I'll just have to work it into my schedule...this is crazy awesome!

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
You might want to consult the Farmers' Almanac regarding scheduling. Wouldn't want to interfere with crop planting or anything .... :wink:

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Sounds like a load of fun--the airfare looks like it'd be under $300 (Southwest "Fun Fare") but I really don't know if I'd be able to schedule it. My weekends are going to be crazy-busy from about March through July.

I'm not voting yet tho...it's just too early to tell.

R

RX2010

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
google mapped it... I like road trips, but my goodness, I can't imagine a worse lineup of states: Texas Panhandle/Oklahoma (not much difference), Kansas, Nebraska...

under 300 on southwest ... be a lot cheaper to drive though