What's new

Need Lighter Help!!!

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I'm completely pissed off!!! I have had no luck in finding a descent single or double tourch lighter to light my cigars with. angryteet :angryteet :angryteet :angryteet
This is funny. Believe me Kelly, I ain't laughin at you, just with you. I have always figured I must have the worst luck with lighters. I've come to realize one thing: It's luck of the draw. :cool:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found my Xikar Executive to be slightly difficult to refill properly for some reason. Other than that, I think it offers a reasonable burn and the fuel capacity isn't too small either.

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
When you go to refill it, purge the system for a second first. Just stick a pin on something in there to let the air out. That should help.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I found my Xikar Executive to be slightly difficult to refill properly for some reason. Other than that, I think it offers a reasonable burn and the fuel capacity isn't too small either.
I have the Executive as well....but I think the fuel capacity is TINY. I can only light a handful cigars with it before needing to refill.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When you go to refill it, purge the system for a second first. Just stick a pin on something in there to let the air out. That should help.
Another trick, after purging it, is to put both the lighter and the fuel in your freezer for about 15-20 minutes, then fill it. Be sure to let the lighter warm up to room temprature before using it. The fuel liquifies, and the lighter fills faster, easier and completely.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
as for cleaning them out, just compressed air? i have several torches 'lying around' that aren't working, one of which is my blazer. guessing NOW it's the fuel (duh!!)....

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Is colibri's butane triple filtered?
Not quite sure, but I have had no problem with the fuel yet, I've been using since I bought the lighter. Works slick as shit.

Here is a little pointer I got from the cigar dinner I went to. If you want a better and fuller fill of your lighter: put the lighter in your freezer for a couple of minutes before you fill it. Works like a champ. Fills with one or two presses and fills completely no extra pumping involved. Well works well for me anyways try it.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Another trick, after purging it, is to put both the lighter and the fuel in your freezer for about 15-20 minutes, then fill it. Be sure to let the lighter warm up to room temprature before using it. The fuel liquifies, and the lighter fills faster, easier and completely.

Damn I should have tried reading the rest of the thread first. haa :stickbeat