What's new

New fathers

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@dontWIZonme also found this cool artist that paints them and sent me the link:
www.lazardo.smugmug.com
Thanks buddy!
I should probably do some before and after pics... both of little man's head, and of the cap if we get it wrapped.
Was just about to mention something like this, my nephew had one and they had it painted in a Florida Gator theme. Also wanted to let you know he is almost 5 and now you would never know he had to have anything like that.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yes , normal. My son had both front bottom teeth come thru at same time. And then they all came in like gangbusters. And all 4 of his molars came I. At once. Which sucked for him, but they are uncomfortable/whiny no matter what so when they all come in at once the time duration is shorter. But he droolled so much that we just put bibs on him all day and switched then out all day or we would have ran out of shirts

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Yes , normal. My son had both front bottom teeth come thru at same time. And then they all came in like gangbusters. And all 4 of his molars came I. At once. Which sucked for him, but they are uncomfortable/whiny no matter what so when they all come in at once the time duration is shorter. But he droolled so much that we just put bibs on him all day and switched then out all day or we would have ran out of shirts
My son rips bibs off lol. He's a smart little bugger. Rips bibs off. Takes his diaper off if he's not in a onesie. He flung shit all over his bedroom the other day, but I won that battle because I told the wife not to put him down for a nap with a t shirt on.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Awesome thread. My daughter will be one month on Tuesday. Its definitely been a culture shock but I wouldn't change a thing. I thought that I've gone without sleep in the past, this sheds New light on that but we're starting to get used to it now.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Congrats to all the expecting!

I have a 22 month old son (Lincoln) and a 1 week old daughter (Annabelle) and it's awesome. Dont get me wrong, there is a superficial feeling that your trapped but a far deeper happiness that always shines through.

I worked away for the last 4 years so that my Mrs could stay at home with the kids. The one thing I want to share is that you shouldnt be away from your family / kids. I missed so much that I will never get back and it took me 2 years to realise whats really important.

So just in case anyone else is tossing up getting a high paying job away from home, it may work for you but it may also cause a deep depression inside of you that isn't worth all the money in the world.

Thats the lesson I learnt and if I could go back I never would have worked away.

Family first! Time over money! Period

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Great thread literally read through all the pages! I love the posts about the sleep training ! I just sent the link to my wife!

That's going down! My question is when do you start that?

I'm here doing all the research because it looks like I'll be the one staying at home for the majority of the time being that I'm working doubles on the weekends and my wife works M-F

So all this info helps a lot! What ever else you got pass it on! I'm here looking info about when to feed my daughter and how lol I'm so lost haha

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Great thread literally read through all the pages! I love the posts about the sleep training ! I just sent the link to my wife!

That's going down! My question is when do you start that?

I'm here doing all the research because it looks like I'll be the one staying at home for the majority of the time being that I'm working doubles on the weekends and my wife works M-F

So all this info helps a lot! What ever else you got pass it on! I'm here looking info about when to feed my daughter and how lol I'm so lost haha
My wife and I started putting our daughter on a sleep schedule at around 8 weeks I think. That is when we moved her from a bassinet next to our bed to her crib in her room. Greatest thing we ever did.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I have a 19 year old boy, a 13 year old girl and one on the way. This is a great thread! I'm pretty excited about this new one and a little out of practice and older than I was with the first two, so I'm hoping it doesn't kick my butt too bad lol. I'm sure even after two kids I will be asking questions Atleast for piece of mind.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
How was that transition?
It went really well. The baby started sleeping better; we slept better. I think when we were in the same room, she would hear us move, and we would definitely hear every peep or slight cry she made. We did still go in to give her a bottle every few hours in the beginning.

Once we started the sleep training, everything became seemed to get easier. She seemed less fussy, we could kind of plan out our day. My wife is going to send me the template we followed, I'll post it once she sends it to me.

My daughter just turned one a week ago and will sleep starting at around 7:30 or 8:30 and will sleep till around 7:30.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
As I sit here I am five (5) days away from dropping our youngest son off at college and his first day of Fall Football practice (D-III). It's bittersweet as prayerfully, we have poured into him all that God intended. Although we realize that our children are precious gifts from God, they are only on loan to us for a short time.

I said all that to say this. Enjoy every single moment, never miss any life-affirming event. Never place ANYTHING, not money, jobs, hobbies or anything under the sun take precedence.

There is no greater title than Dad.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I've got a 9 month old boy - Jackson. Hands down the best thing that has ever happened to me. Forget the sleep and nappies and crying and teething. It pails in comparison to watching his little personality unfold before my eyes and his little intriqesies come shinning through. From his infectious smile to him clicking his tongue (coping dad ) and learning to use his "pincer" pointer finger to grab his peas he's now thrown all over the floor. NOTHING should come before your child(ren) . Be present in every moment bath time , bed time , play time , dinner time , activity time etc . Any man can have kids it takes a DAD to raise them.