What's new

New guy looking for suggestions.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
OR..... You can smoke whatever you like (while realizing that taste is subjective) and ignore people that denigrate the sticks you like. As a matter of fact, I recommend that you buy a Rocky Patel from your local lounge and smoke that sucker for 6 hours while sitting on a stool and ordering only water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's easy to say smoke what you like...

But the OP and many others (probably including myself years ago) have asked for suggestions. The reality is that after a few years of smoking or even months of smoking (and good advice) people no longer spend the same money to buy lesser tobacco and crappier cigars.

Taste may be subjective but there are good cigars that a majority of people will and do enjoy (at every pricepoint in case you think this is an elitist statement.)

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Undercrown was meant to be a surrogate for shops that could not get Liga. In that regard, it was not successful. Rather than smoking a cigar that aspires to be Liga Privada, just smoke Liga Privada.
As For Oliva Serie V, it's a templatized blend and very basic: Ecuador wrapper, the rest from Nicaragua and fairly strong. Most every Nicaraguan company is making a blend like this and they're all starting to taste the same. But, if you want to use the Serie V blend as a springboard, start smoking similar blends from AJ Fernandez, Espinosa Cigars, and My Father. Same template, minor variations in body and structure.
This type of blend has become the Chicken Parm' of the cigar world...satisfying in a heavy-handed, cheesy sort of way, but nothing special.
I appreciate your vast knowledge of cigars.

Thanks for the help Sara.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's easy to say smoke what you like...

But the OP and many others (probably including myself years ago) have asked for suggestions. The reality is that after a few years of smoking or even months of smoking (and good advice) people no longer spend the same money to buy lesser tobacco and crappier cigars.

Taste may be subjective but there are good cigars that a majority of people will and do enjoy (at every pricepoint in case you think this is an elitist statement.)
I realize that he asked for suggestions, and in fact I gave him a few. That being said, the thing that stuck in my craw was that he mentioned a couple of sticks THAT HE LIKED, and was essentially told "those sticks suck." If he thought they sucked, then he wouldn't have asked for suggestions based on them.

No, I didn't take your statement as elitist at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
ok. Let me ask another question.
What are some $7 and under medium to full sticks that are widely accepted as being good?
Thanks.
If you're patient and buy by the box. all of these.

Tatuaje Brown Label
Tatuaje Black label
Illusione f9,
Epernay
My Father Le Bijou
La Palina
858 SG

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
do not buy any boxes yet!! stick to 3 and 5 packs...........
your palate is forming, and you may outgrow a cigar before you finish the box......!!!
Shame on you guys pushing him like that. :bag:

Illusione f9,
Epernay
My Father Le Bijou
La Palina
858 SG
you will not find any of these for $7.00 in my state..............

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
your palate is forming, and you may outgrow a cigar before you finish the box......!!!
I didn't say buy a box. I said those were box prices.

Also, all those are relatively easy to sell at those prices if you outgrow it.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
"If you're patient and buy by the box.........."
I reread it.
maybe you should as well.................
or you could blame it on Chuck...........:bucktooth:

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0

Illusione f9,
Epernay
My Father Le Bijou
La Palina
858 SG
you will not find any of these for $7.00 in my state..............

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
If you're patient and buy by the box. all of these.

Tatuaje Brown Label
Tatuaje Black label
Illusione f9,
Epernay
My Father Le Bijou
La Palina
858 SG
Ara is right here, you can find plenty tats for under $7 each. Check out smallbatchcigar and use the coupon code, they haven't run a 20% off tat coupon in awhile, but it does happen! The my father lines are excellent too.

Plus crowned heads smokes can be had around that price point. And i loveeeeee them. Le Careme, las mareas, las Calaveras, jericho hill, you'd probably enjoy them all. Plus that discount runs frequently on smallbatchcigar and they pop up on cigar monster ever now and again.

Sent from the past on VeLoRoK's flip phone