What's new

New guy looking for suggestions.

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
ok. Let me ask another question.
What are some $7 and under medium to full sticks that are widely accepted as being good?
Thanks.
Fuentes - some of the Hemingway line
My Father 1922 P.R.
My Father El Centurion
RomaCraft
Crowned Heads - most regular production
Oliva O/ V
LADC

All these can had for under $7 online with free shipping. And alot are sub $5 with promos and sales. Even if you snag a fiver and you don't like them. You can easily trade/sell them off.

Don't take anyone's posts as ragging on your purchases. Everyones been there and is just trying to save ya a couple bucks on some you might not like in a couple months.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Ara is right here, you can find plenty tats for under $7 each. Check out smallbatchcigar and use the coupon code, they haven't run a 20% off tat coupon in awhile, but it does happen! The my father lines are excellent too.

Plus crowned heads smokes can be had around that price point. And i loveeeeee them. Le Careme, las mareas, las Calaveras, jericho hill, you'd probably enjoy them all. Plus that discount runs frequently on smallbatchcigar and they pop up on cigar monster ever now and again.

Sent from the past on VeLoRoK's flip phone
I second Crowned Heads.

Opforty

B&M Bomber
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
ok. Let me ask another question.
What are some $7 and under medium to full sticks that are widely accepted as being good?
Thanks.
Dunno if these are "widely accepted" but you can go to site sponsor Puro Cigar and grab a SINGLE of the following sticks (with code purobotl15) to try and see if you like and get them shipped to you for under $7 and have a tasty cigar, that you may frequently find members here enjoying.

Most of the Arturo Fuente Hemingway line
AJ Fernandez Bellas Artes Short Church Hill ($6.35)
AJF New World Any vitola (under $6)
AJF Last Call ( any vitola >$5)
La Gran Llave 5-pack Sampler ($6.80)
Ashton Magnum ($6.5)
Black Label Trading Royalty, Benediction or Salvation (>$7)
Camacho American Barrel Aged Sampler 3-pack ($7.08)
Crowned Heads La Imperiosa Magicos ($6.80)
Dunbarton Mi Querida ($6.80)
Foundation Charter Oak Broadleaf (from $3.60!)
Foundation Tabernacle Corona (>$7)
Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial Toro (>$6)
Joya Black Any (>6)
La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor Robusto (>$6)
La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero (>$7)
LFD La Nox Petite Corona 5-pack ($5 ea)
My Father Flor de las Antillas Robusto ($5)
My Father FdlA Maduro Toro (>$7)
My Father Le Bijou 1922 Petite Robusto (>$5.50)
Nica Rustica Brujito ($5.50)
Oliva Serie V Melanio robusto (>$7)
Padron 2000 (>$5)
RoMa Aquitane (from $6.80 - $5)
RoMa CroMagnon Knuckle Dragger ($5.30)
RoMa Intemperance Any (all around or under $6)
Tatuaje Fausto (>$7)
Tatuaje Belle Encre ($7.64)
Tatuaje Avion 12 ($6.50)
L'Atleier La Mission 1959 ($6.20)
Tatuaje Havana VI Verocu No.3 (>$7)
Warped La Hacienda (>$7)
Warped Maestro del Tiempo 5205 (>$7)
Warped Corto x46 (>$7)
Arturo Fuente Anjeo #46 5-pack only ($7.22 ea)

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Dunno if these are "widely accepted" but you can go to site sponsor Puro Cigar and grab a SINGLE of the following sticks (with code purobotl15) to try and see if you like and get them shipped to you for under $7 and have a tasty cigar, that you may frequently find members here enjoying.

Most of the Arturo Fuente Hemingway line
AJ Fernandez Bellas Artes Short Church Hill ($6.35)
AJF New World Any vitola (under $6)
AJF Last Call ( any vitola >$5)
La Gran Llave 5-pack Sampler ($6.80)
Ashton Magnum ($6.5)
Black Label Trading Royalty, Benediction or Salvation (>$7)
Camacho American Barrel Aged Sampler 3-pack ($7.08)
Crowned Heads La Imperiosa Magicos ($6.80)
Dunbarton Mi Querida ($6.80)
Foundation Charter Oak Broadleaf (from $3.60!)
Foundation Tabernacle Corona (>$7)
Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial Toro (>$6)
Joya Black Any (>6)
La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor Robusto (>$6)
La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero (>$7)
LFD La Nox Petite Corona 5-pack ($5 ea)
My Father Flor de las Antillas Robusto ($5)
My Father FdlA Maduro Toro (>$7)
My Father Le Bijou 1922 Petite Robusto (>$5.50)
Nica Rustica Brujito ($5.50)
Oliva Serie V Melanio robusto (>$7)
Padron 2000 (>$5)
RoMa Aquitane (from $6.80 - $5)
RoMa CroMagnon Knuckle Dragger ($5.30)
RoMa Intemperance Any (all around or under $6)
Tatuaje Fausto (>$7)
Tatuaje Belle Encre ($7.64)
Tatuaje Avion 12 ($6.50)
L'Atleier La Mission 1959 ($6.20)
Tatuaje Havana VI Verocu No.3 (>$7)
Warped La Hacienda (>$7)
Warped Maestro del Tiempo 5205 (>$7)
Warped Corto x46 (>$7)
Arturo Fuente Anjeo #46 5-pack only ($7.22 ea)
Staples needs an Opforty button...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this thread quite interesting and goes exactly how you would expect once you become a "seasoned" smoker. I too am a noob to cigars, i actually like some of the CAO blends and don't think they suck. I believe some would say i did things the wrong way and thats fine. I did buy alot of samplers for CI etc... but with all due respect, it really helped me understand what i enjoy. I learned that i don't care for Conn wrappers. I learned the perfect size cigar for me, and learned what NOT to buy ever again. Sure it cost me money, but do you really get into cigars to save money? My journey started with the samplers, and yes some of the sucky CAO's were in there, did i mention that i do enjoy some of their blends? Alec Bradley Presnado's are probably one of my favorites and learned that thru a sampler pack.

I think doing it this way really helped me understand what i want out of a cigar. I ran into a number of really bad cigars doing this, but now i know as they are on my shit list. I also copied some of the suggestions here. But for me getting a 5 pack between $30-$40 is my sweet spot. That means i may not be buying $12 per cigar samplers. But thats okay. I think there are some really good smokes that are $5 a piece. Its learning what they are thats the journey for me.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I found this thread quite interesting and goes exactly how you would expect once you become a "seasoned" smoker. I too am a noob to cigars, i actually like some of the CAO blends and don't think they suck. I believe some would say i did things the wrong way and thats fine. I did buy alot of samplers for CI etc... but with all due respect, it really helped me understand what i enjoy. I learned that i don't care for Conn wrappers. I learned the perfect size cigar for me, and learned what NOT to buy ever again. Sure it cost me money, but do you really get into cigars to save money? My journey started with the samplers, and yes some of the sucky CAO's were in there, did i mention that i do enjoy some of their blends? Alec Bradley Presnado's are probably one of my favorites and learned that thru a sampler pack.

I think doing it this way really helped me understand what i want out of a cigar. I ran into a number of really bad cigars doing this, but now i know as they are on my shit list. I also copied some of the suggestions here. But for me getting a 5 pack between $30-$40 is my sweet spot. That means i may not be buying $12 per cigar samplers. But thats okay. I think there are some really good smokes that are $5 a piece. Its learning what they are thats the journey for me.
That worked for you and that's great because as you said, you're okay with spending your money. I would have preferred someone give me advice that got me better cigars for whatever price range I'm in. Let us know if in 2 or 3 years you're still smoking AB regularly.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet or not, but Don Pepin Garcia Blue label is a great smoke as well.
Here's a suggestion that'll draw a lot of criticism. Thompson cigar's 5 pack frenzy is an outstanding deal. 4 different 5ers for $80. They aren't all dog rockets either. Crowned heads, Espinosa, Don Pepin, Tatuaje, etc are included in the special. They have a bad reputation for heavy handed advertising, but I have bought from them several times with no problems.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That worked for you and that's great because as you said, you're okay with spending your money. I would have preferred someone give me advice that got me better cigars for whatever price range I'm in. Let us know if in 2 or 3 years you're still smoking AB regularly.
oh don't get me wrong, i wasn't complaining about the advice. Its all great advice. I enjoy the hell out of it. But there are some good cheaper cigars and sometimes buying a few bad ones helped me learn. Its been fun actually. I really appreciate the lists of suggestions here. I hope to try some of them soon. That's why i joined this forum, lots of good advice.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet or not, but Don Pepin Garcia Blue label is a great smoke as well.
Here's a suggestion that'll draw a lot of criticism. Thompson cigar's 5 pack frenzy is an outstanding deal. 4 different 5ers for $80. They aren't all dog rockets either. Crowned heads, Espinosa, Don Pepin, Tatuaje, etc are included in the special. They have a bad reputation for heavy handed advertising, but I have bought from them several times with no problems.
Just don't give them your actual phone number. :)

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Just don't give them your actual phone number. :)
They called me once after my first order several years ago. I told them I wasn't interested in anything I didn't order, and remove me from all "offers". Haven't heard from them since.
But $20 for a 5er of LA Imperioso, Laranga, jerhico hill, etc is a screaming deal. Ymmv
Edit: I also use lapyap for payment, so no worries of double charging, etc.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
They called me once after my first order several years ago. I told them I wasn't interested in anything I didn't order, and remove me from all "offers". Haven't heard from them since.
But $20 for a 5er of LA Imperioso, Laranga, jerhico hill, etc is a screaming deal. Ymmv
Edit: I also use lapyap for payment, so no worries of double charging, etc.
I agree on the fiver deals.

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Was it you who liked the Brazil? I know many people like those.
i think theyre fine for a cheap stick, the nice thing is that you can get em for like 3 bucks fairly regularly. i wouldnt buy a box of em, but keeping a 5er on hand is nice. the brazilia, traviata and americano are all like that for me. and theyre good for handing out to my nonsmoker friends

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
The box pressed brazilia ages magnificently. Just an fyi. The vision can age well as well but the wrappers are terribly delicate. I won my box of epiphany on cbid dirt cheep back when you could do things like that and it was an OK purchase. I would no was pay market for any cao. Maybe soprano. I still have a box of blacks back when cao was really really good.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk