What's new

New Years resolution

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone who came to the innerwebz hoping to avoid arguments came to the wrong place.
Me, I like argument. It's mental sport. Flexes your brain muscles.
I don't like 'arguments' as such. An argument seems to have an underlying anger. No one seems to win since their minds are already made up and often leads to ill feelings. On the other hand, having a discussion instead of arguing and sharing opposing ideas is a great learning tool.

Opforty

B&M Bomber
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
I can assure you there wasn't enough glue for me to use to much. It probably didn't help that I mixed it in a container with a depressed ridge in the bottom, so all the glue settled in this tiny ridge where it was hard to get to.

Lessons learned. I ordered some more glue and some nice big bags to throw the leaf in. Not gonna spend on a chaveta right now, but may have a line on a used ulu. I'm sure I'll get a mold down the line but for now I think we are just gonna keep rolling freehand.

Should be able to roll some more this weekend. Been thinking about it all day today. My bro even stopped by the shop to talk to me about it

Think we're hooked. It was pretty fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can assure you there wasn't enough glue for me to use to much. It probably didn't help that I mixed it in a container with a depressed ridge in the bottom, so all the glue settled in this tiny ridge where it was hard to get to.

Lessons learned. I ordered some more glue and some nice big bags to throw the leaf in. Not gonna spend on a chaveta right now, but may have a line on a used ulu. I'm sure I'll get a mold down the line but for now I think we are just gonna keep rolling freehand.

Should be able to roll some more this weekend. Been thinking about it all day today. My bro even stopped by the shop to talk to me about it

Try the smallest baby food jar you can find. I bought 2 to have a spare. Got a strange look from my teens when they saw it in the cabinet. I just smiled.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

It's time that I chime in. Be very careful of the people here they are enablers and will encourage you to part with your hard earned dollars to buy more leaf.
They are always posting some new leaf they've tried. That being said, I'm in the weak category and have to get some of the stuff being discussed. :D

But seriously, these folks here know an awful lot about making cigars, cigar leaf, and cigars in general. Ask anything and whatever you do, watch those sniggly bits!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I don't like 'arguments' as such. An argument seems to have an underlying anger. No one seems to win since their minds are already made up and often leads to ill feelings. On the other hand, having a discussion instead of arguing and sharing opposing ideas is a great learning tool.
I like tackle football.
Fly Eagles Fly!

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah well, I disagree!

(You know someone had to say it!).

Opforty

B&M Bomber
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
Picked up the ulu today, big improvement. I started getting the leaf damp last night and it was very pliable today.

I was having some real trouble with the flag on the wrapper but I think I'm getting the hang of it. Thanks again for the videos @webmost @Gdaddy

I already see improvement, baby steps boys. Here are my results after an hour & half in the garage.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Picked up the ulu today, big improvement. I started getting the leaf damp last night and it was very pliable today.

I was having some real trouble with the flag on the wrapper but I think I'm getting the hang of it. Thanks again for the videos @webmost @Gdaddy

I already see improvement, baby steps boys. Here are my results after an hour & half in the garage.

Damn those are looking great already!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't look forward to an argument. I do enjoy an intellectual exchange of ideas. I find I always learn something new.

Opforty

B&M Bomber
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
Did some more rolling but honestly too embarrassed to show these turds. This finishing the flag on the wrapper is killing me. I'm always cutting it too short or the wrong way. Oh well just gotta power through like Hillary Clinton did that time she lost her shoe.

Baby steps on other fronts though, tighter rolls. I've been rolling a lot of wind tunnels, these last sticks seem way better. Looking at the feet and the filler is looking closer and closer to looking like an actual commercial smoke instead of having those big gaps I could park my car in. Taking some extra time to round the shoulders. Would look pretty damn good if I could get the wrapper to finish right, but they are rounded instead of flat, finally. Controling length and size. Getting much better at feeling out the bunch in my hand.

Thanks again for the videos guys, can you recommend any good ones on wrapping?

Opforty

B&M Bomber
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
Figured I'd share some progress. These are by far the best bunches I've done yet. Just went together quickly, felt good in the hand, consistent size/shape/firmness, etc. I feel like I'm getting a grasp on the bunching.

Wrapping is a whole different story, I think they look fine, but I really gotta hit the tape and watch more vids on finishing the flag and cutting the strip at the start, cause I suck. So for now, I'm just tying pigtails and fan tails here's a few wrapped in PA Oscuro

Finally a question, I have some EC Seco binder which I love the taste of, but it burns like crap. Is there anything I can do to help it out combustion wise, or is it a lost cause?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Figured I'd share some progress. These are by far the best bunches I've done yet. Just went together quickly, felt good in the hand, consistent size/shape/firmness, etc. I feel like I'm getting a grasp on the bunching.

Wrapping is a whole different story, I think they look fine, but I really gotta hit the tape and watch more vids on finishing the flag and cutting the strip at the start, cause I suck. So for now, I'm just tying pigtails and fan tails here's a few wrapped in PA Oscuro

Finally a question, I have some EC Seco binder which I love the taste of, but it burns like crap. Is there anything I can do to help it out combustion wise, or is it a lost cause?

That ec seco is super burny. What are you wrapping it around?