What's new

New Years resolution

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Figured I'd share some progress. These are by far the best bunches I've done yet. Just went together quickly, felt good in the hand, consistent size/shape/firmness, etc. I feel like I'm getting a grasp on the bunching.

Wrapping is a whole different story, I think they look fine, but I really gotta hit the tape and watch more vids on finishing the flag and cutting the strip at the start, cause I suck. So for now, I'm just tying pigtails and fan tails here's a few wrapped in PA Oscuro

Finally a question, I have some EC Seco binder which I love the taste of, but it burns like crap. Is there anything I can do to help it out combustion wise, or is it a lost cause?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How wet is your filler?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Opforty

B&M Bomber
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
That ec seco is super burny. What are you wrapping it around?
Dom seco and ligero. It burns, it just seems to hit spots where it doesn't. Could just be my rolling or the vitola (lancero) but I've rolled the same thng with wlt dom binder and dom seco olor as binder and didn't have any of the issues. I really like this leaf, tastes good and every leaf has been beautiful, could even use as wrapper.

How wet is your filler?

Not wet at all. If the leaf doesn't have some crackle to it, I set it on the rolling table for 5 minutes and it turns into a crunchy taco shell. ;)

your table saw is calling...

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Dom seco and ligero. It burns, it just seems to hit spots where it doesn't. Could just be my rolling or the vitola (lancero) but I've rolled the same thng with wlt dom binder and dom seco olor as binder and didn't have any of the issues. I really like this leaf, tastes good and every leaf has been beautiful, could even use as wrapper.

Not wet at all. If the leaf doesn't have some crackle to it, I set it on the rolling table for 5 minutes and it turns into a crunchy taco shell. ;)

Never had an issue with that binder... I'm still gonna blame the filler

Rating - 100%
64   0   0

Never had an issue with that binder... I'm still gonna blame the filler

I have to agree with Brendon here. There had to be something wonky with your filler somewhere. I use this as a double binder on my straight ligero blend because it burns so well. Cigars are a natural, man made item. Sometimes things don't go the way they "should"

Opforty

B&M Bomber
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
I have to agree with Brendon here. There had to be something wonky with your filler somewhere. I use this as a double binder on my straight ligero blend because it burns so well. Cigars are a natural, man made item. Sometimes things don't go the way they "should"
Fair enough, I'll take that. I'll roll some more and test. Happy to hear it's not the leaf cause I really like the taste and they sure are pretty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
..... it burns like crap. Is there anything I can do to help it out combustion wise, or is it a lost cause?
How to get your smokes fire proof. Over booking and, over casing.

booking = stacking flat, crumbled/crunched tight. .. there needs to be air up in there.
Over case the leaf and flatten it so it can be shaped for optimum burn.

Over casing = to wet and, the oil in the leaf is included. .. best results are when there's a balance.
To much water in the leaf is simple enough. knowing what case to assemble with is good then, knowing how to let the cigar to dry is good. dry smokes are not popular and getting a handle on what RH works is good.

Oily leaf needs help burning hence, that's why we mix it with lower primings which have the better burn quality.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like to let the dolls reach a relaxed state in pressing before wrapping so, I will rotate in the mold until they fall out when I open the mold and, turn it upside down.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I like to let the dolls reach a relaxed state in pressing before wrapping so, I will rotate in the mold until they fall out when I open the mold and, turn it upside down.
You are way more patient than me. It's funny, you call them dolls, I call them bodies because my mentor always called them bodies. Semantics can be amusing