What's new

Newbie rolling

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s very thin and delicate compared to many other wrappers. I like it but it’s really delicate to work with

I’m not sure that the that cleaner you mentioned is what I’m talking about. I want a safe mild acid to bring the leaf closer to 7ph.
Starsan is a combination of acids. It's a food safe sanitizer used regularly in brewing. Here's a link to the MSDS if you want the technical details.
http://www.fivestarchemicals.com/wp-content/uploads/Star-San-HB4.pdf
I have no idea if its safe to smoke, or what the PH is. It comes in concentrated form and you dilute it down to use for sanitizing equipment. When I brew beer I dilute it at the published rate. There is no need to rinse the acid off after sanitizing is complete.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Starsan is a combination of acids. It's a food safe sanitizer used regularly in brewing. Here's a link to the MSDS if you want the technical details.
http://www.fivestarchemicals.com/wp-content/uploads/Star-San-HB4.pdf
I have no idea if its safe to smoke, or what the PH is. It comes in concentrated form and you dilute it down to use for sanitizing equipment. When I brew beer I dilute it at the published rate. There is no need to rinse the acid off after sanitizing is complete.
I appreciate that, but I think I'm done with trying to treat leaf I don't really like in the first place.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Tossing mojo attempt.

A nice blend going on
Half valado, half nic seco, half corojo ligero, half olar ligero, Dom binder, Mata Fina wrapper.
Half Corojo Viso too.

This might be stash worthy.

Last edited:

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
10/31/17
Half:
Corojo ligero
Olar ligero
Jorge Viso
1 Ecuadorian Seco
Ecuadorian binder
Ligero wrapper

Right off the table:
Has nice spice, not the Nicaraguan back of the throat spice, and some sweetness
Nice finish
So far I like it a lot. Maybe add ctls1 for background flavor. Made a 6 inch taper loosely draw stick for testing. Sipping sweet rum with it. Half into it. Maybe use half the Ecuadorian Seco as it’s overpowering at the half way point. What other seco to use?

After the half way point it got less intense. Still needs something I can’t define. Age, perhaps??

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
10/31/17
Half:
Corojo ligero
Olar ligero
Jorge Viso
1 Ecuadorian Seco
Ecuadorian binder
Ligero wrapper

Right off the table:
Has nice spice, not the Nicaraguan back of the throat spice, and some sweetness
Nice finish
So far I like it a lot. Maybe add ctls1 for background flavor. Made a 6 inch taper loosely draw stick for testing. Sipping sweet rum with it. Half into it. Maybe use half the Ecuadorian Seco as it’s overpowering at the half way point. What other seco to use?

After the half way point it got less intense. Still needs something I can’t define. Age, perhaps??
Age will change things dramatically sometimes. Taking out half the seco might be a good move though, only one way to find out!

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
arrived yesterday: (Barbara isn't amused)

From WLT
Honduras Habano Wrapper (2012)
Dominican Ligero
Piloto Cubano Ligero
Piloto Cubano Viso
Mata Fina filler

From Leaf Only:
Mexican San Andres Wrapper
Dominican Binder
Brazilian Mata Fina Wrapper
Dominican Ligero Olor
Dominican Ligero Piloto Cubano
Aged QB-52 Fronto Wrapper (DARK) (Sample) Kind of interesting, looking forward to trying it on something
Aged Dominican Ligero Criollo 98 Long Filler (2 sample)
Aged Honduran Viso (sample)
CT 1LS Broadleaf Wrapper

6 pounds from WLT
7 pounds from LO
(Barbara isn't amused at all)