What's new

Newbie rolling

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
In fact a proper flag goes around 2.5 times, just as the main wrapper does.
This is my second one of the day. It's not stash worthy, is good enough to finish.
Starting to show some promise, good job. When you get to the top, at the head, you're going up too vertical with the wrapper and it's causing bunching: when you get to the head, keep trying to bring the wrapper AROUND the head, as if you're wrapping it with a flag. Try to bring it AROUND as much as possible before you're forced to go "up and off" the top, so that the last bit of wrapper line biases toward the horizontal instead of the vertical. Keep up the good work and keep trying to do at least twice as well as you think is your best possible.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Gotta admit something. I'm feeling a little competitive at seeing how you guys have progressed and I feel like I'm behind the curve here.
More time rolling is what I need
I hope to catch up somewhat this weekend.
So far the only shape I'm proficient at is a straight stick.
Truly I know it's not a competition but I can't help but to feel like I having some catching up to do.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
In fact a proper flag goes around 2.5 times, just as the main wrapper does.

Starting to show some promise, good job. When you get to the top, at the head, you're going up too vertical with the wrapper and it's causing bunching: when you get to the head, keep trying to bring the wrapper AROUND the head, as if you're wrapping it with a flag. Try to bring it AROUND as much as possible before you're forced to go "up and off" the top, so that the last bit of wrapper line biases toward the horizontal instead of the vertical. Keep up the good work and keep trying to do at least twice as well as you think is your best possible.
Thank you for the advice. Truly, I appreciate that.
Tomorrow that's exactly what I'll do. You are right I'm kinda forcing it which shows in the wrap.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch your vein orientation. Start rolling at the tip of the leaf and roll toward the stem.

View attachment 101019
Thanks I saved that image as a good reminder tool in all my notes in this

Thanks

I've been wondering what you guys do about those when I see how crazy veiny some of these leaves can be

That makes a lot more sense. I will see how the next couple look keeping that orientation in mind.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_8529.JPGIMG_8536.JPG

Had to do some weekend grilling and taste testing. This was from the original test batch. Roughly two weeks of age. I know that is way premature from what you guys have told me.
My god am I shocked. There were moments where it was drawing too tight. That was surprising to me as I thought I was rolling too loose to begin with.
The flavor is is amazing.

I am getting glue goop from chewing and rolling around on the tip as I always tend to do. No surprise as this is from my glued up pig tail learning phase. I am sure to this day I am still using too much glue.

Down to the nub I am loving this smoke. There is just so much more character. It's not as smooth as a psd4 but dammit that's not what I expected. We are grillin early afternoon and the weeny dogs are raising hell in the grass and we are partying in the backyard and that is this cigar baby.

Enjoy your holiday and roll on.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
View attachment 101075View attachment 101076

Had to do some weekend grilling and taste testing. This was from the original test batch. Roughly two weeks of age. I know that is way premature from what you guys have told me.
My god am I shocked. There were moments where it was drawing too tight. That was surprising to me as I thought I was rolling too loose to begin with.
The flavor is is amazing.

I am getting glue goop from chewing and rolling around on the tip as I always tend to do. No surprise as this is from my glued up pig tail learning phase. I am sure to this day I am still using too much glue.

Down to the nub I am loving this smoke. There is just so much more character. It's not as smooth as a psd4 but dammit that's not what I expected. We are grillin early afternoon and the weeny dogs are raising hell in the grass and we are partying in the backyard and that is this cigar baby.

Enjoy your holiday and roll on.
Excellent!! What's the blend? It looks terrific!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent!! What's the blend? It looks terrific!
2 Nicaraguan seco to 1 Nicaragua ligero and nic habano wrapper

It's what web got me into the rolling. I was amazed how much I loved it.

The silver river ones were good at first but kind of started to remind me of Turkish gold camels now. An amazing version of Turkish golds Camels, pretty good but not like anything I expected.

I would recommend the Nicaraguan for sure though. It's bold. I can't wait to see a few months age on them. I will definitely keep it in the rotation of blends for a while.

I recently read a post from bliss telling someone to stick with a set mix for a year and just get the basics down and beat it to death for like a year till you know what you are doing.

After I get through what I got now I guess I will see lol.

IMG_8535.JPG

I gotta tell ya brother this smoke with my pups was one of the best feelings I've had since I got on this adventure.

Hope this holiday has had some relaxing rollin for ya. Keep us up on the adventure.