What's new

Newbies give back - Operation Esteli contest

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Chef has ruined cigars for me...

I'm finishing up the Tatuaje Black Label he sent me, & it has basically blown away any previous thoughts I had on what a cigar should be. You've ruined me!

I've enjoyed almost every cigar I've ever smoked... But this is something else entirely. I feel like I need to reevaluate what's sitting in my humidor now lol. I've been limiting myself to basic budget smokes, so that I could smoke more often,. But now I'm thinking I should spend a small bit more & REALLY enjoy every smoke this much, even if it means less often.

Chef, thank you so much for this. From the pre light, to currently burning my fingers, this has been a fantastic smoke. It's the first one I've smoked from your bomb, & I can't wait to get into the rest of them!

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0

I'm finishing up the Tatuaje Black Label he sent me, & it has basically blown away any previous thoughts I had on what a cigar should be. You've ruined me!

I've enjoyed almost every cigar I've ever smoked... But this is something else entirely. I feel like I need to reevaluate what's sitting in my humidor now lol. I've been limiting myself to basic budget smokes, so that I could smoke more often,. But now I'm thinking I should spend a small bit more & REALLY enjoy every smoke this much, even if it means less often.

Chef, thank you so much for this. From the pre light, to currently burning my fingers, this has been a fantastic smoke. It's the first one I've smoked from your bomb, & I can't wait to get into the rest of them!
Noted...

Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Noted...
You keep your damn cigars to yourself! Hahaha

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0

Noted...
You send as many cigars as you'd like! Hahaha
Fixed it for ya!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hahaha!

The smokes I sent you don't even compare! Those have been my go to smokes, & now I feel bad.. Especially if you've had amazing cigars like this before

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
On a serious note... How do you properly pronounce Tatuaje? So I don't sound (looks can't be helped) like a fool walking into the B&M asking for these? I know the one I normally go to doesn't carry these, so I may have to venture to the other few in the area.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Haha, you guys are insane. Puma, I love your phrase "I need to reevaluate what's sitting in my humidor" not every smoke can be a great smoke. Even if you pack your humidor full of limiteds or high end smokes, nothing will make them as special as a bombed smoke IMO. There's magic in them smokes!

You've been bitten... Lol. I'm in the same boat. I buy a lot of budget cigars so I can smoke more often and try to find diamonds in the rough to get me through the urge of buying the crack... As Kloned would call the Tat Black. I enjoy the hunt.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
On a serious note... How do you properly pronounce Tatuaje? So I don't sound (looks can't be helped) like a fool walking into the B&M asking for these? I know the one I normally go to doesn't carry these, so I may have to venture to the other few in the area.
Tat - to - wa - hay
Haha, you guys are insane. Puma, I love your phrase "I need to reevaluate what's sitting in my humidor" not every smoke can be a great smoke. Even if you pack your humidor full of limiteds or high end smokes, nothing will make them as special as a bombed smoke IMO. There's magic in them smokes!

You've been bitten... Lol. I'm in the same boat. I buy a lot of budget cigars so I can smoke more often and try to find diamonds in the rough to get me through the urge of buying the crack... As Kloned would call the Tat Black. I enjoy the hunt.
Much appreciated! I'll still probably butcher it when I walk in.

Budget smokes fill my humidor, and probably still will take up the most space. But having some like this "crack" would be awesome, for the times I an actually sit back & really enjoy a cigar.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Glad to hear I turned you out. This place does that to you. I came here very similar and was introduced to better brands and cigars that really changed my opinion.

My first few bombs I sent out were probably junk to most but it was what I knew at the time. Now I spend more resulting in my wife bitching more resulting in me smoking better :)

Glad you enjoyed and just wait until that liga 9 or tat be reserva gets sparked!

Ps- just walk in and ask for tats, they'll know you came prepared

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
That looks like great tea but the cigars look even better.
The bags with some air in them are dahong pao and the tight packed are tieguanyin, both oolongs
Thanks. Are they rather available or do we need to import them from somewhere?

I discovered lately that correctly matched tea can be awesome with the good cigar.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
The bags with some air in them are dahong pao and the tight packed are tieguanyin, both oolongs

I discovered lately that correctly matched tea can be awesome with the good cigar.
I get when I travel to China for work. Check the my tea process thread. I believe I posted some links there

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0

I get when I travel to China for work. Check the my tea process thread. I believe I posted some links there
thanks for the info!