What's new

Newbs and restorers

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Sorry, was supposed to say newbs and restorers.

Hello, gents. I came up with this idea after watching @rdomfoto 's threads on pipe restorations. I heard some others interested in attempting restorations and I have a lot here, that I haven't used in at least 3 years or so and have no use for anymore. I smoke a pipe 3-4 times a week and have more than enough in my rotation. Unfortunately, only a couple are smooth, so I'm not sure about sanding the others.

The only one that I'm pretty sure cannot be sanded is the black one at the bottom (the pipe). You can find information about this one online (yes, it's actually called "the pipe"). I'm gonna split this into two lots of three pipes. So, if you are a newb looking to restore and have a small rotation, or are just looking to try and restore a pipe, reply below. Break'em, smash'em, stomp'em, it's up to you. You can even just do a salt treatment, forego a full restoration and just start smoking. I did a half restoration on these about 6 years ago, so most are smokeable as is.

Most are no name pipes, but the third from the bottom is a big ben.

My only rules
1 I don't want money or anything. This place has been very good to me.
2. You don't sell these even for a dollar. If you get sick of them, pay it forward
3. NES advantage game controller is not included.

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I'd attempt to restaure one if you include the NES advantage!

Lol

I'd be curious to learn the processus. And the shape of the fourth one from top is interesting.
How do I sign up?

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0

Lol

I'd be curious to learn the processus. And the shape of the fourth one from top is interesting.
How do I sign up?
You're signed up:D

As far as the process goes, check some of the restoration threads. If you don't plan on going crazy with resanding and staining, I can send you some of the rusticated ones. I never attempted anything beyond reaming and salt treatment.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Lol

How do I sign up?
Herfdog, you have got to stop changing your avatar, i thought you had gone mia until i noticed you were changing your avatar quicker then i could track. Lol

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
You're signed up:D

As far as the process goes, check some of the restoration threads. If you don't plan on going crazy with resanding and staining, I can send you some of the rusticated ones. I never attempted anything beyond reaming and salt treatment.
I'd like the fourth one as stated, and the fifth one if it fits the rusticated description. will sure enjoy trying to do something interesting with them :) thanks a lot for doing that, its a great idea!

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I'd like the fourth one as stated, and the fifth one if it fits the rusticated description. will sure enjoy trying to do something interesting with them :) thanks a lot for doing that, its a great idea!
You got it, the 4th one is the Big Ben. It's a good smoker, but can use a fresh reaming and salt treatment (which you should always do with an estate). I used that one generally for lane rlp6. Maybe you can clean up the stem which has really oxidized. Funny because the 5th is a "Canadian" shape(y). I never only smoked a few out of that one, and it has some nicks and gouges that you can try and work on. Guess we'll go with "antiques" on the customs form:ROFLMAO:. Last time I sent cigars out of the country they were "hand made collectibles". I'll send you a pm tomorrow to figure out which other ones to include and then I'll either post a pic of the second lot, or someone else will jump on here to claim them.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Guys, 2nd lot is still available. Start a small rotation now, practice working on and cleaning pipes before spending a single dollar.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If no one else speaks up I will take them. If anyone else wants them though, please speak up as I definitely don't need more pipes.

Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I'm a total noob on pipes and just signed up for the newbie trade. If it's available I'd be interested in taking it on as a project. Regardless, that's a very very generous thing you're doing!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
@8ball there should be a rule added, as a suggestion, that the brothers (or sisters) that take on your generous gift of the pipes to restore or attempt to restore, share some pictures with us on their progress. That might be an inspiration for others as well that someone who's brand new into pipes or even a "Pipe aficionado" could take the leap and do a restore as well. I know there's a thread started already somewhere I think with restorations???

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
@JustTroItIn , @TheBlackWatch , @Cricken , please pm me your addresses. One of you will get the lot in a random draw, and no you cannot say "just give it to the other guy". I'll and the package later this week and one of you will be the lucky winner. This is officially closed.
So I guess it's a 3 way tie for all of them?? Or is this a split between what you have???