What's new

Nhc hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I have a buddy on another forum that lives just a few miles from NHC and he had no more chance at these than we did. He was on the hunt just like the rest of us.

I'm bummed I didn't get a box, especially since I had them in the cart, but I do think that NHC put A LOT of thought in how to make this fair and give everyone a chance... and try to make it fun at the same time.

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Just another kudos to Dan.

The checkout thing could have been much worse. Imagine if it allowed you to checkout like many other sites even though it was not in stock. The fact that the inventory was real time helped I think.

jwyatt55

Not the mad fladder!
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Damn that sucks. I had to run out, but I thought it was no big deal that the boxes would pop up at random and I will still be able to catch one. Did not realize they were all going to pop up in a few hours.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Dan, thanks for a creative and FAIR way to get ahold of some dracs.

Pete, thanks for rooting us on.

Thanks to my gf for lending me her computer for a few hours and even offering to help! Not to mention the beer she poured for me!

Last edited:

TheCigarKid

Cigaraholic
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
From what I've heard from some of these retailers, they are planning on 2-3, mainly 2 and are selling them as singles only.
That mathematically doesn't make sense. If 403/1300 go to the Unlucky Retailers, there's an average of 900 boxes to go out, which would mean a lot more than 2-3 boxes to each store. I heard it's anywhere from 2-8 boxes per shop. There would be a ton of extra boxes if they only gave 2-3 to all the additional shops.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Damn that sucks. I had to run out, but I thought it was no big deal that the boxes would pop up at random and I will still be able to catch one. Did not realize they were all going to pop up in a few hours.
I feel your pain bro - I couldn't be near a computer earlier this afternoon & hoped that I would be able to make an attempt later in the day... Live & learn... Hopefully I find some luck... I got bumped off of 3 lists.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
That mathematically doesn't make sense. If 403/1300 go to the Unlucky Retailers, there's an average of 900 boxes to go out, which would mean a lot more than 2-3 boxes to each store. I heard it's anywhere from 2-8 boxes per shop. There would be a ton of extra boxes if they only gave 2-3 to all the additional shops.
From what I was told by a few of the Secondary retailers, they (the 20 Secondary shops) were expecting anywhere from 10-20 boxes each. I spoke to a few of the additional retailers and was told 2, possibly 3.

Just saying what I've heard from their mouths. Keep in mind there was still a little confusion based on getting confirmation from Tatuaje.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
And maybe Pete doesn't like the "additional" shops that I talked to thus only getting 2 or 3 boxes...:tongueout

Who knows...

n.olson

Veteran Eccentric
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
or, the guy has more than one shop that he needed to support.

i think it has alot to do with volume and properly maintaining supply. wouldn't make sense if the 5-6 shops in tacoma/seattle area each got 10 boxes, i'd be happy, but that severely limits other locations.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I have a buddy on another forum that lives just a few miles from NHC and he had no more chance at these than we did. He was on the hunt just like the rest of us.

I'm bummed I didn't get a box, especially since I had them in the cart, but I do think that NHC put A LOT of thought in how to make this fair and give everyone a chance... and try to make it fun at the same time.
I too live just an hour from NHC--this is the only place within driving distance selling boxes ... Not to me, though. It irks because other retailers are doing mostly or only locals ... But whatever, life is not fair.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Kudos Dan! I hope a few brothers got boxes, I completely forgot about the randoms:-( oh well! I just hope Justin got one. I was too lazy and did not read through all the posts. Great idea Dan...

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Congrats to whoever scored!
Sounds like this was a very fair method Dan used...unfortunately I wasn't available, but it sounded like it was a lot of fun trying. You just gotta love the hunt for these htf's!

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Kudos Dan! I hope a few brothers got boxes, I completely forgot about the randoms:-( oh well! I just hope Justin got one. I was too lazy and did not read through all the posts. Great idea Dan...
Thats a big negatory ghost rider. 2 hrs 47 mins of pure F5 key pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.