What's new

(NHC) Surrogates Cigars Bone Crusher

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I will say this, though:
Dan sells Viaje, and I'd think Andre would be pissed at these band designs/vitola names if he had nothing to do with it.
Good point. I hadn't thought of that.

I don't mind the "secret" aspect of this. Look at all the good discussion it has promoted in this thread. I look forward to checking these out..

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
From Dan, earlier today:
It's been less than a week since we announced the Surrogates line and there has been a lot of response already. Both the Bone Crusher and Skull Breaker vitolas are hitting your mailboxes and being reviewed and talked about online.

From all of the speculation that has shown up in the forums, it is apparent that I need to set straight some conclusions that are being drawn. In fact, I feel so strongly about it that this is in the form of an apology.

Although Surrogates is meant to be "for those who can't get enough" of a good thing - namely a great cigar - it is my hope that the name will stand on it's own and represent our intent to make available the kind of sticks that I love and that hopefully you will love as well.

When people saw the names of these first two vitolas, there was much speculation that they were either made by one of our trusted vendors, or were meant to be a duplicate of one of their offerings. Neither is true nor implied. The names were based on the novelty fonts that I chose for these full bodied beasts. In retrospect, I should not be surprised that some people jumped to conclusions about them being made by Viaje, because of the themes used in the names. This was never my intent. Bone Crusher is a play on the strength of the stick 'hitting you to the bones' and Skull Breaker is a play on 'feeling it in your head' when you are done. Had I projected the myriad of conclusions being drawn I might have chosen 'Punisher' for the Skull theme and simply 'Krusher' for the other vitola. But Surrogates was the branding I wanted to bring forth and create a following for.

So, for the record - Any resemblance to Viaje's SnB is surely not on purpose and I want to apologize to Andre for any confusion this has caused to his and our loyal Viaje customers. Andre was not aware of this project until everyone else was, and I wished I would have projected the conclusions being drawn ahead of time and stated my position with him before it went public. I am very proud of the relationships we have established with our manufacturers and what we do for each other in this business. I wouldn't risk harming those relationships by purposefully trying to mimic one of their brands, especially without talking to them first.

I hope you are enjoying being a part of the Experiment of Surrogates. I think it's human nature to try to solve a mystery, but let the tobacco speak for itself and trust your palate. We don't want your skull hurting from an overworked brain, let these first vitolas do that for you!

Enjoy,
Dan

Rating - 100%
68   0   1
Must be a Gurkha then.

I'm not into the guessing game. Before I buy a box I'd like to know who makes it and what's in it.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
From Dan, earlier today:
Am I the only one questioning the legitimacy here? I'm supposed to believe that a red skull and a white bone themed cigar pair, respectively named "skull..." and "bone...", didn't cross his mind as being similar to something else on the market, especially when he's a known retailer of HTFs from the same manufacturer?

Nice try but no cigar...

Although really, what do I care? I'm not buying them, so maybe it just doesn't matter. Carry on...

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Am I the only one questioning the legitimacy here? I'm supposed to believe that a red skull and a white bone themed cigar pair, respectively named "skull..." and "bone...", didn't cross his mind as being similar to something else on the market, especially when he's a known retailer of HTFs from the same manufacturer?

Nice try but no cigar...QUOTE]

Agreed!

Although I did purchase some, and can say with absolute certainty that they taste nothing like the aforementioned cigar(s). Nor did I find them all that strong, but thats just me.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I have to agree with the previous post. It's powerful, but while smoking it I kept thinking that I could have had a J21 for a couple dollars more.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
So after all of the hoopla, I am feeling like I have been duped.

The point of the "experiment" seems evident now: Hype up an average cigar, dress it like a well know fast selling LE, plead ignorance to the resemblance, and cash in.

I say this after smoking 2 of each vitola and being let down a total of 4 times.

Rating - 100%
127   0   0

The point of the "experiment" seems evident now: Hype up an average cigar, dress it like a well know fast selling LE, plead ignorance to the resemblance, and cash in.

I say this after smoking 2 of each vitola and being let down a total of 4 times.
Really? I've been on the fence with these. Not quite sure what to do?

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1

I don't know about "dooped" or "cashing in". I've had many dealings with Dan, it's not in his nature to try and get over on a customer. If anything he's always proven to be more than generous with sales, throwing in swag or sometimes an extra cigar or two.

I'll reserve any judgement and give him the benefit of the doubt.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I don't know about "dooped" or "cashing in". I've had many dealings with Dan, it's not in his nature to try and get over on a customer. If anything he's always proven to be more than generous with sales, throwing in swag or sometimes an extra cigar or two.
I agree with Michael 100% on his statement about Dan and NHC....and I for one have loved the cigar, both sizes to be exact! :cbig:

....and most definately plan on ordering more! :thumbsup: