What's new

Nickleback hating?

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Always liked Side of a Bullet. Dimebag Darrel's wife gave them the solo for that song and they built around it with a decent tribute to one of the greats.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I guess Ive been hearing it for a year or two, but it just recently occurred to me that there are alot of people on the radio & tv that have a dislike for Nickleback. I have never heard a reason for their dislike.

Im just curious as to when & why did it become hip to dislike this band? Thanks for any input...
Nickel Back is one of those bands that everybody claims to hate. Yet, they've been around about twenty years and still sell out ten thousand seat amphitheaters every summer. I am not the biggest fan because they are very formula driven and there are songs from each album that are completely interchangeable. If you switched the lyrics from song a and song b you wouldn't know they had been switched. (There was a video showing it by putting one song in each channel of a stereo music feed. You could fade from side to side and get the point.)

Al of that said, there are probably five songs they've done that fall into my guilty pleasure list. One is actually on my starred list on Spotify. I listen to everything from Max Roach to Gavin Bryars to Humble Pie, George Jones, and KRS One. So, take the opinion for what it is worth.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Nickel Back is one of those bands that everybody claims to hate. Yet, they've been around about twenty years and still sell out ten thousand seat amphitheaters every summer. I am not the biggest fan because they are very formula driven and there are songs from each album that are completely interchangeable. If you switched the lyrics from song a and song b you wouldn't know they had been switched. (There was a video showing it by putting one song in each channel of a stereo music feed. You could fade from side to side and get the point.)

Al of that said, there are probably five songs they've done that fall into my guilty pleasure list. One is actually on my starred list on Spotify. I listen to everything from Max Roach to Gavin Bryars to Humble Pie, George Jones, and KRS One. So, take the opinion for what it is worth.
All I understood from all this discussion after 3 pages was krs one.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
A radio station here in Dallas played two of their songs together. The only thing different was the lyrics. They are a formula song players.
This. If you like one of their songs, you should like all of their songs, 'cause they're basically one song 100 different ways.

SouthernerInSask

© MCMLXI
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
This. If you like one of their songs, you should like all of their songs, 'cause they're basically one song 100 different ways.
Kind of like AC/DC ever since the Back in Black album? (oh man im gonna get flamed for that lol)

Thanks for the input everyone. I appreciate the insight & opinions!

Last edited:

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Personally I think they're mediocre. The songs are sappy and the musicianship is bland. Ive always had the joke... do rock the right way and you get Led Zeppelin. Do it the wrong way and you get Nickelback.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Kind of like AC/DC ever since the Back in Black album? (oh man im gonna get flamed for that lol)

Thanks for the input everyone. I appreciate the insight & opinions!
I am a big AC?DC fan, but there is some truth to that, at least after the "For Those About to Rock" album. Brian Johnson is just not the lyrical wizard that Bon Scott was, not even close.

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
I agree^^^.

But due to age, I might say that I have been an AC/DC fan since Who Made Who, but today believe that anything pre-Back in Black was the best stuff they did.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I agree^^^.

But due to age, I might say that I have been an AC/DC fan since Who Made Who, but today believe that anything pre-Back in Black was the best stuff they did.
Can't disagree with that. Was lucky enough to see them when Bon was still alive. They did some good stuff with Brian, but their best stuff was definitely Bon's.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Have you ever been on a road trip with someone who doesn't share your taste in music? Nickelback is what you play as a compromise. They epitomize the sell out. I don't hate them as a band or genre, but I hate what they represent.

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Have you ever been on a road trip with someone who doesn't share your taste in music? Nickelback is what you play as a compromise. They epitomize the sell out. I don't hate them as a band or genre, but I hate what they represent.
So your saying Nickelback = Sam Adams :ROFLMAO:

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Classic butt rock. It's just kind of douchey sounding, for lack of a better term. It's unoriginal, and nothing about it evokes any thought.

Now, your question, is it cool to hate Nickelback? It was fun a few years ago, probably around the time "Rockstar" or "Photograph" was released, but honestly, I didn't even realize they were still together...

Rock on the radio, nowadays, stinks .

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Lots of bands suck.

Hating Nickleback is simply a cultural meme.

It's cool to hate Nickleback. Saying, "I hate Nickleback" tells people, you're cool - that you have refined musical taste and that you dislike crappy, formulaic fake-rock....without bothering to explain what you think is crappy about it.