What's new

Nickleback hating?

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Lots of bands suck.

Hating Nickleback is simply a cultural meme.

It's cool to hate Nickleback. Saying, "I hate Nickleback" tells people, you're cool - that you have refined musical taste and that you dislike crappy, formulaic fake-rock....without bothering to explain what you think is crappy about it.
If this thread hadn't popped up, I probably wouldn't have given Nickleback a thought. I tend to only listen to three of four pandora radio stations, I don't even listen to the radio anymore.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
What is funny is that like Sugar Ray, Nickelback used to actually be a hard rock group. The very first thing they did was hard and bombed worse than anybody on zippogeeks mail list. Thus became the sell out status that is Nickelback and why everyone hates them.
I have said my piece and I am out. (Mic drop)

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
I agree^^^.

But due to age, I might say that I have been an AC/DC fan since Who Made Who, but today believe that anything pre-Back in Black was the best stuff they did.
Also, if someone tried to convince me that Back in Black was their best album, I probably wouldn't put up too much of a fight. Not my fave but hard to argue against. I'm a High Voltage guy!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not care for their stuff, that is not only part of my taste, but as a musician.

I give them a lot of credit though, on how they market themselves as their shows. They sell millions of records and still play sold out shows (big ones too), so they cannot be as terrible as the media makes them out to be. It is almost a gag in and of itself to trash them, serious about it or not.