What's new

Nicotine sickness help?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm really glad I posted up here even after my initial search. You guys always have such good advice.

I won't be able to smoke for a few days, so when I get a chance to again I will have a whole new strategy to try!

Slow down, drink sweet tea and try not to inhale while retrohaling. Hopefully this will keep me loving the hobby. I ordered a 50 count humidor the other day lol.

Tnt Cigarguy

BoM Jan 12
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
I'm really glad I posted up here even after my initial search. You guys always have such good advice.

I won't be able to smoke for a few days, so when I get a chance to again I will have a whole new strategy to try!

Slow down, drink sweet tea and try not to inhale while retrohaling. Hopefully this will keep me loving the hobby. I ordered a 50 count humidor the other day lol.
Also for me a gatorade or vitiman water does wonders. I don't drink soda. But one of the guys who was in another group on our Botl trip to Nicaragua came in stoned from the nicotine buzz while smoking a ffp. We got him to drink a coke and he felt better instantly. So I feel it does work.

And congrats on the 50 count... So you know you will have a wineador in less than a year it's a slippery slope my friend.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
+1 to everything everybody said, all great advice!

I'm wondering though, what cigars are you smoking that are making you sick? The reason I ask is, no amount of hydration, sugar or food in my stomach will keep my from getting the "sickness" when smoking specific young cigars. (Viaje Skull and Bones for one.) There are some cigars out there that almost seem designed to turn you green.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yay for being at work on July 4th! I can respond super fast lol.

Well there have only been two that have really put me on my butt. The first was a Room 101 OSOK which is definitely understandable but, the second was a Vega Fina Sumum 2010. From what I've found that cigar isn't supposed to have any strength at all. I was smoking an Undercrown the other day that started to do it so I put it out.

Most other cigars have given me a slight buzz that I was okay with. Just seems to be happening easier now and I have several "strong" cigars waiting to be smoked.
Tatuaje Havana's
Tatuaje 7th Capa
Camacho
Cain F
and a few more I can't seem to remember.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Yay for being at work on July 4th! I can respond super fast lol.

Well there have only been two that have really put me on my butt. The first was a Room 101 OSOK which is definitely understandable but, the second was a Vega Fina Sumum 2010. From what I've found that cigar isn't supposed to have any strength at all. I was smoking an Undercrown the other day that started to do it so I put it out.

Most other cigars have given me a slight buzz that I was okay with. Just seems to be happening easier now and I have several "strong" cigars waiting to be smoked.
Tatuaje Havana's
Tatuaje 7th Capa
Camacho
Cain F
and a few more I can't seem to remember.
Well, the OSOK, Camacho and Cain F are very normal for making even experienced smokers sick, especially that Cain F. Depending on what you had in your stomach, what you were drinking and how fast you puffed, that Undercrown can do it too - normal. The Vega Fina may have just been a fluke, bro. I had an Oliva V make me blow chunks once, never had it happen before or since, was just a fluke.

I know nic sickness is a bad feeling, I've never enjoyed that "high" feeling at least. But, use what the guys listed above and it will go away in time. Maybe smoke some lighter cigars that are full flavored, not full strength, at least for a little while. It's a little bit like somebody that has never drank before, going straight to Everclear, heh.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I started smoking cigars shortly after using insane amounts of real Swedish snus. Was going through a can of odens extra sterk a day. I never had a problem with cigar nicotine until i smoked my first feral flying pig. Then again with a bone crusher. Both times were late at night on hot days. I think for the most part it was a combination of being tired, hot and really just dehydrated. More so dehydrated then anything. Since then I've always drank a couple large glasses of water while smoking and have had zero issues since.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I used most of these techniques last night and that worked like a charm!

I didn't have time to grab any good sweet tea so I just got a handful of Equal packets from a restaurant we ate at. Those plus the water stopped the nic sick I started to feel right in its tracks! I was actually able to enjoy two cigars last night for the first time.

You guys helped me be able to continue with this hobby and for that I am grateful!! Wineador here I come hahaha

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I also might add smoking in an open area like the outdoors. If your in a room or lounge area I find that I get queasy from my smoke and the cigars from others. I also like to munch on pretzels and drink a Coke/beer too.

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
tossing back a (couple) tasty brew beforehand does most well for countering
the occasional unpleasantries heretowith described.

also, puffing while exposed to overexcessive lighting can contribute to such onsets.
insoasmuch - don a good pair of sunglasses.

and finally, try not to slouch, nothing can be said more than keeping good posture.

:thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Well had another bad one today. Tatuaje 7th Capa Especial. Didn't even get into the second third and I had to stop.

I guess no matter what methods I use some cigars are just out of my reach right now. Anyone have recommendations on some very low nicotine cigars?

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Well had another bad one today. Tatuaje 7th Capa Especial. Didn't even get into the second third and I had to stop.

I guess no matter what methods I use some cigars are just out of my reach right now. Anyone have recommendations on some very low nicotine cigars?
Do you do CC's? Or are you not yet there?

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

As suggested you probably need to find some good mild to medium cigars with a great flavor profile. Medium to full bodied sticks are something you grow into after getting your system to accept it. There are things that you might be doing where you're getting too much nicotine in your system...don't inhale...take a draw every 45 seconds....and hydrate yourself with a sweet drink. Tea is good or even a cola like root beer or something else that has enough sweetener to counteract the effects of the cigar.

Not everyone has the same type of system in their bodies...I have seen guys puke their guts out over a medium bodied cigar and it's almost the same for chewing tobacco. The longer you keep the smoke in your mouth the more you ingest the nicotine through the tissues. Some folks just can't deal with nicotine in their system at all even though you enjoy the cigar. I don't know of any cigar that has "low" nicotine values...it's just a part of the leaf.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found that sweet tea of a piece of chocolate ( not the whole candy bar) works very well; especially if you've recently changed cigar strength profiles and starting going for the bombs!

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Hmmm, I know of mild-medium cigars that are CC's, but I'm an odd one when it comes to NC's, stuff I consider mild-medium I hear guys on here complaining about the power. Like the OSOK, I got absolutely no nicotine out of at all, but I hear most guys say how it made them sick, so I have no idea, lol. Also, I don't know to many good NC's that are mild-medium, most of that strength level of NC seem to be the cheap stuff, which is odd because with CC's it's not about power. ANYWAY, my ramblings aren't going to help you, a list of some cigars for you to try WILL!

Guys, if you see something in my list that you think is too strong, PLEASE post that you think so, ok?

Hemingway Short Story - I've never got any nicotine off of these, and they aren't long enough to put you under if you're doing something wrong, yet one of my primary go-to's, love these things! Some of the bigger sizes of Hemingway can pack a punch though, like the Masterpiece.

La Aroma de Cuba - I'm always surprised by how tasty these are, and always wonder why I don't smoke more of them. I have two EE's sitting in my humi that I haven't tried yet, so I can't speak about them, but the Mi Amor is my favorite so far.

EPC's - These have always struck me as being very mild on the nicotine, even such dark monsters as the Dark Ritual, just don't seem to have the kick others do, but quite a bit of taste.

Oliva G - I'm personally not a fan of these, but so many guys swear by them that I consider myself in the very small percentage. Plus, they are low price, so you can afford to buy a couple to try without even feeling it.

Perdomo Lot 23 - Again, not in my flavor profile, but the couple I've had were mild-medium, and still a very well made cigar.

Padron 1000's - I'm a little hesitant to add this one. I think they are medium at very best, but I've seen a buddy turn green while smoking one. Tastes are amazing, but maybe just try 1 or 2 and see how you do.

Romeo y Julieta - I had a tubo one of these that knocked my socks off, tons of taste and mild at best. I love the CC, but the NC has some very good cigars as well. Stick to the regular line to try, cheap to try a couple.

Alec Bradley American Classic - This is a cheap cigar, no two ways about it, but it can also be a tasty cigar. At less than $3 a pop, and a tick under medium at best, it might be worth it to smoke a few of these, and use them as a stepping stone to stronger cigars.

Brickhouse - These are actually quite good, and very affordable. Alot of us have these in our humi just because they are tasty to have once every blue moon.

Like I said, I'm not to well versed in mild NC's, and I'm positive I'm missing a few. I'm sure a few of the other guys on here can fill in some of the holes. What you're looking for at the very least are some cigars that will get you through this time in your smoking career. Don't think that in a year, you will be good to go to down whatever cigar you want and not feel it, because that just isn't true. I've been smoking for going on 8 years now, and still get knocked down every once in a while. You just need to get yourself used to taking in any level of nicotine, and hopefully that's what a few of these will do for you.