What's new

No Question is a Stupid Question Thread

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I know that on a certain site that helps you pay for things and is your pal, it is verboten to mention cigars or tobacco. If you do, they will shut your account down. My question is this: Why have I been able buy cigars from distributors (with "Cigars" in their name) on at least 3 different occasions using said site?
They forbid private tobacco sales, largely because of regulations and taxes, etc. Too hard for them to monitor, and in today's world service provides are held liable for everything so they just say "no private tobacco sales." I actually can't fault them for it. It's not that they're anti-tobacco, they're just "that really sounds like a liability, let's not allow that."

However, retailers can apply for a special business level account that allows for tobacco sales. IIRC, it stupid expensive for the retailer.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
If I smoke a cigar backwards, from foot to cap, do the flavors transition in reverse order? In other words, are the flavors inherent properties of the individual leaves and come out based on their position in the cigar, or is it because the leaves undergo a chemical change brought on by the combustion of the cigar?
Serious question, but I also wanted to give this thread a bump.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I would say it wouldn't smoke backwards, I am sure it's bunched backwards. I would bet though that it would throw off the whole composition. I am sure some other guys have some opinions though.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My opinion, and opinion only, I would say more the change because you're smoking it more than anything. What videos I watched of rolling, (saw it on the internet, must be true) it doesn't look like it is loaded with one end being different than the other, unless it is just stem end of the leaf versus tip. I think that is a very long "I don't know."

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Anyone heard if Drew Estate is releasing the Velvet Rat again? I saw some pop up the other day that wasn't original release and it peaked my curiosity.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk