What's new

Non-Newbie Blind Trade Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
I'm sure all of you by now know about the Newbie Sampler Thread.

I was thinking though, that's a one-time deal to help introduce new botl's to the board, help them get their first Trader Rating and meet a senior BOTL in the process - which is all well and good, but I've seen a number of happy traders come back in looking for a second trade. They're always directed to the Marketplace to look for another trade, but until now there's been nothing to facilitate that.

If there's sufficient interest, I'll coordinate a sort of non-noob blind trading thread. What I was thinking is doing anonymous pairings, set up by pm. Trades will be a minimum of FIVE cigars, and an absolute maximum of TEN. The trade can also include ONE non-cigar item, up to a maximum value of $20, but it is not mandatory. My idea here is for the entire trade to be able to fit in a small flat rate box to try and keep costs low.

Anyone interested in doing a blind trade, please send me a PM including your name and address (thus the whole "blind" trade part) and I'll pair you up with another BOTL for some fun and destruction :boxing: . Post your DC's or taunts in the thread, as well as pics of any demolition received - and above all, don't forget to leave TR for your partner.

:tiphat:

Last edited:

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Nice, looks like we'll have enough interest to get this going! What I'll do is wait til I have maybe a group of 10 people and then let Random.Org decide who gets paired up. I'll let you guys know within the next couple of days.

Thanks fellas!

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Sent out some assignments already. Also pm'd a few participants that sent incomplete information in their messages so as soon as I hear back I'll get them paired up as well.

Remember guys if you want to participate, send me a PM with your full name and address please!

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
This could get ugly
Not sure if this was meant in a positive or negative light - but I will say, I have some concerns initially with regard to people using this as a way to get rid of their yard gars in hopes of 'trading up' for better sticks. If that starts to happen, those folks will lose the ability to trade in this thread immediately.

This experiment is intended solely to foster the BOTL spirit amongst the brotherhood. Please be sensible and send cigars that you enjoy smoking or think your fellow BOTL would enjoy. I know not everyone has the same cigar budget, so I don't want to put a value on the sticks that need to be included at this point - lets just have some fun with this boys :assaultri

--btw, 6th pairing sent! In reply to a question from a participant, there's no limit to how many times or how often you can pm me for a partner. I'm keeping a list of the pairings and will make sure no one gets the same person twice.

JuYcEmAn

¡Soy un esnob de Fuente!
Rating - 96.9%
37   1   0
Thank you, again, for facilitating the trade(s) bdc! I just sent my end of the trade, via USPS Priority Mail, today.

Status
Not open for further replies.