What's new

Nosotros is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dread

I sell cigars
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ill be keeping an eye on this thread, very interested in getting a bundle. Now if only Tatuaje would mess up some Gran Cojonus again so NHC will get some more Gran FF's in stock.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be glad to do a side-by-side comparison of the sticks and come to my own conclusion.

I will say that the first couple that I smoked of the original was like bleh, then after a few months in amongst its brethren, the stick became tasty.

Who knows maybe like the case of an X000 Padron aging long enough taking on the qualities of an Anniversary stick, let's just smoke 'em and see.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Ding. Ding. Ding.

Don't be blaming Jon yo.

Not all is as it appears. I'm very sorry Dion is leaving it open to speculation that it might have been all due to something Jon did. It's not.
I agree. Dion's quote seems less than professional. Unless you are looking to burn bridges, sometimes it is just better to say nothing at all.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Guys and Gals,

Again, want to say that I have been away for the last two or three months, but this is my hard period every year. So I have missed all the good, bad and ugly that's been cooking round these ways.

NOSOTROS: let me begin by saying that Dion Giolito is my friend. Before we got to doing business together, I took a liking to his style, raw honest vision, and most importantly, those damn 88 and 68's became part of my monthly rotation, if not daily.

Drew Estate has never been a company to look for brands to make for other people/Distributors/ brand owners, stores, famous people, infamous people, whatever. However, Dion truly inspired me and I pursued working TOGETHER with him on a very special, refined product. Things moved along and we dropped the Nosotros. Everyone was pumped up about it cause it promised to be a great collabo, but we screwed it up for various reasons, with indifference to who's fault it is.

When we realized that Nosotros needed to be dealt with, we spoke about it together, agonized about it together and made a decision to quit (almost together). So here is the bottom line. Dion is a real cigar guy, with great vision, a good heart, and a damn good palate. Any time that he wants to get together and produce a product that we can BOTH be proud of, my door is ALWAYS open to him. In the meantime, Ima keep burning those Epernay and supporting Dion as a final consumer.

Finally, there are rumors that Nosotros will be sold on the market in one fashion or the other, and this may be true. There are rumors that they are all well aged, and in absolutely perfect condition, and this may be true as well. There are rumors that they will be sold at a killer price, and this may be true too.

But for right now, I can't answer anything. I just want to smoke my damn Dirty Rat, and maybe later a Liga Privada "L40" Lancero.

Best to all you guys and Happy Holidays.
JD

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Clarification - Nosotros cannot be sold without Dion. What I meant specifically, is that I may sell them in some type of bundle or whatever, not under the Nosotros name. Also, it would not be a continuing thing, just to clear out inventory.

All respect to Dion, all respect in the world. Friendship before cash is a healthy policy. I didn't grow up rich, I ain't rich now, and don't care about a few thousand bucks anyway. What I care about is making great cigars on a monthly, weekly, and daily basis.

Sorry for bothering you guys with all this stuff.
JD

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Thanks for chiming in brother, appreciate it. Not everything can go as planned, it's what you do with things that cross your path is what counts :)

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I have to agree that these started out young when fresh. But they have come a long ways since then and are really quite good sticks. If I had room I may bought some more to load up on.

Posted via Mobile Device

itallushrt

hero
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Jonathan Drew, from everything I've read in this thread and the others you have posted on this forum I can only say one thing. You are a class act and a stand up guy. In this day and age that still means something to a lot of us.

Thanks and thank you for putting out some incredible products.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
JD - Stay classy. I continue to admire you for talking with us "common folks" and explaining things you are not required to explain.

Damn you for making all of my favorite cigars that constantly dent my budget! LOL!

LP9's Dirty Rats, Flying Pigs..........

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I'll be on the lookout for the 'bundles' - I for one happened to really like the Nosotros (even with the 'young' taste to it).

JD - You're a stand up guy, thank you for chiming in & making some clarifications!

:thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What I care about is making great cigars on a monthly, weekly, and daily basis.
:sadpace:

So....um....any chance of the LVH TEY being taken back from CI and redone the way you started 'em??

:popeyes:

Some of us old bastids miss the Silencios, Wavelles and Festibal de Moroc's.

:cjump:

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
JD, I would like to place an order for a bundle! I hope this thread gets bumped when you figure out where they are going to be sold so we can get our hands on some.

As a side note, I take issue with Dion's tweet:
Dion tweeted the following:
"I sent all Nosotros cigars back to Drew Estate because they weren’t up to my standards. What Drew Estate does with them, I could care less."

It is not the tone of the statement, rather his use of the phrase "I could care less". He should review the following graph when turning this phrase next time:

From his tweet, it is possible that he still cares a great deal about what JD does with these sticks.

:smokingbo

Status
Not open for further replies.