What's new

Officially a home owner

Rating - 94.7%
20   1   0
I finally got through the buying process and closed on my house yesterday. It was a foreclosure and I have about 30 days worth of work to get done to move in but I'm beyond excited to just be done with the purchasing part. We are already getting started on the work and I'll update as I go. This is the house

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Very nice man! Congratulations. Went through that process with a HUD/Foreclosure home a year and a half ago. It's work, but it's a serious sense of accomplishment when you're through.

Excited to see updates. Looks good and I'm sure it'll look great when you've completed!

Cheers,

Spenny

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Congrats man! I have done this a few times myself.. 2 for rentals and 1 for my main home. All on different levels of remodels but all with great feel of accomplishment and pride in yourself when it's ready to move in.. Just remember. It's never finished and you have to spend money to make money... Good luck in your new adventure

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
My first house was bought from a bank, using an FHA loan. What a pain in the patootie that was! We actually had to break into the house and make several repairs to get the loan approved, because the bank wouldn't allow for anyone to do anything. So the real estate agent representing the bank told us "I'm not going to show the house at all next week. I also won't be driving by the place next week." We got the message, bought some bolt cutters, and made the necessary repairs. Worked out in the end.

Congrats on the new money pit! Once the repairs are done, it will be totally worth it!

#theregoesthecigarmoney

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Congratulations, indeed! The wife and I are in our 50s and became first time homeowners just (almost) 11 years ago. We've done a lot of DIY work on the place and everyone is right, there's nothing like that sense of accomplishment and putting your own stank on the homestead.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
My first house was bought from a bank, using an FHA loan. What a pain in the patootie that was! We actually had to break into the house and make several repairs to get the loan approved, because the bank wouldn't allow for anyone to do anything. So the real estate agent representing the bank told us "I'm not going to show the house at all next week. I also won't be driving by the place next week." We got the message, bought some bolt cutters, and made the necessary repairs. Worked out in the end.

Congrats on the new money pit! Once the repairs are done, it will be totally worth it!

#theregoesthecigarmoney
That is crazy. Lol

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I finally got through the buying process and closed on my house yesterday. It was a foreclosure and I have about 30 days worth of work to get done to move in but I'm beyond excited to just be done with the purchasing part. We are already getting started on the work and I'll update as I go. This is the house
Congrats.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0

#theregoesthecigarmoney

Did the same thing for my first house. Had to fixed a broken pipe and hide some asbestos before the appraiser got there. Worked out well, even if I was worried about a B&E arrest. Hahah