What's new

OK, why do I get dizzy?

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I've noticed while smoking stronger cigars that often about 30 or so minutes into it I get a little dizzy. I wouldn't call it a rush, more of an "iccck". Not nauseous or anything. What causes this? I'm smoking slowly, taking my time but it still hits me.

This has happened Smoking Montecristos, Padrones and other fine good cigars. haven't had a cheap one yet, lol.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Eat something sugary to get rid of the dizzinous....Orange slice's work great. Or some sweet candy. A glass of OJ will work as well.........large glass for sure!

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Yep, that's Uncle Nic knockin'. I always try to make sure I eat a good amount before enjoying a strong cigar. That said I've noticed recently I'm more able to smoke a strong cigar without feeling those effects regardless of whether or not I've eaten...uh oh, don't tell the wife...:grin:.

Dan

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Smoke with a sugar rich drink, it will help or a cold glass of water. Best thing to cure it is to eat once it starts, but preventing it with a full stomach is good as well.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I prefer root beer with my cigars. Goes great with just about any cigar and really well with Maduro's.

I don't know the exact science behind it, but why we suggest something with sugar is the glucose has a counteractive effect of the nicotine in the bloodstream.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Any sugary, syrupy drink (or ANY flavored drink for that matter) will affect your taste of the cigar.

As many have mentioned, a full stomach absorbs the nictotine, and staying hydrated helps as well.

MattBell

Will work for Dirty Rats
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Try changing your tampon, Nancy. :)
I read through this whole thing seeing what different people were saying and then I get to this. Thank god I wasn't drinking anything. It would be all over my keyboard right now. Thanks for the laugh. :headroll:

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Try changing your tampon, Nancy. :)
OMG! I am outside right now smoking a strong cigar and I am getting light headed and dizzy right now too....but it is just from laughing so hard about your comment!

I usually just try to stay hydrated as well with anything.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I try to steer away from flavoured drinks because they'll take away from the flavour of the cigar.

I always have a glass of ice water with me when I smoke. And I always smoke on a full stomach.

Even then, I sometimes find I'll get a little light-headed or nauseous towards the end, or shortly after.

In this case, I down some very sugary. A can of coke, a glass of fruit juice, or as some have mentioned, even just a big spoonful of sugar and some water.

It's amazing how well it works. I have timed it and it seems to take somewhere from 5-7 minutes for it to make you feel better, but still, it's better than 2 hours lying on the bathroom floor praying to the porcelain gods.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
My dad always gets nicotine buzz as well. On top of that, he likes to tell everybody at the cigar shop. I just tell him to stop being a pu$$y

Like others, consume something sweet.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Well, As I'm a type II diabetic, sugary is out. Didn't know nicotine was that strong, lol.

I'll just try to make sure I have something on my stomach and steer away from the strong cigars.

(and stop smoking one a day....)

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
(and stop smoking one a day....)
Actually, the more you smoke, the more of a tolerance your body will build up to the nicotine. After a couple of years smoking some pretty strong sticks, the only time I get a buzz is either on a complete empty stomach or if I champ through 3 or 4 cigars in a row.