What's new

OK, why do I get dizzy?

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Any sugary, syrupy drink (or ANY flavored drink for that matter) will affect your taste of the cigar.

As many have mentioned, a full stomach absorbs the nictotine, and staying hydrated helps as well.
I really don't feel that a flavored beverage will effect the taste of the cigar. I actually feel it cleanses the pallet and refreshes the taste bud. If you eat one thing for so long it becomes dull over time.

As long as the drink doesn't have a stronger after taste. I know with root beer it helps clean out the taste of the cigar and after a few seconds the taste of the root beer is gone.

I would say that EATING while smoking a cigar is a big no no as it WILL alter the taste of a cigar. Food particles will be in your mouth from chewing for 10 minutes at least.

Matter of preference though.:kissforeh

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Yep, that's Uncle Nic knockin'. I always try to make sure I eat a good amount before enjoying a strong cigar. That said I've noticed recently I'm more able to smoke a strong cigar without feeling those effects regardless of whether or not I've eaten...uh oh, don't tell the wife...:grin:.

Dan

:yes: I won't tell if you don't.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Thanks for the advice. I normally am drinking something, lately it has been water but yesterday I was at the dog park smoking a padrone 6000 (Im' pretty sure, it was part of a bomb). So I was out side walking around and then WOOHOOO! Had to lean against a tree. Stomach was empty, no water. So yeah.

The cigar? MAGNIFICENT!!!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sugar just masks the problem, the dizziness comes from lack of oxygen in the body. The sugar just feeds more energy to the brain, which also gives it more oxygen. Simple fix, take some deep breaths without the cigar once and a while during your smoke, should fix the problem.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Sugar just masks the problem, the dizziness comes from lack of oxygen in the body. The sugar just feeds more energy to the brain, which also gives it more oxygen. Simple fix, take some deep breaths without the cigar once and a while during your smoke, should fix the problem.
That doesn't make sense unless you are inhaling the cigar right?

Walter

Scott
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
smoking cigars makes me dizzy also and I never smoke on an empty stomach. Usually the 6 beers and half a bottle of scotch fills me up first.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, As I'm a type II diabetic, sugary is out. Didn't know nicotine was that strong, lol.

I'll just try to make sure I have something on my stomach and steer away from the strong cigars.

(and stop smoking one a day....)
A full body cigar does this.

BTW I am also type II, so what you can also do is smoke the cigar a bit slower and then you will get no nicotine kick. and yes a full stomac helps too, keep the full body cigars for the nights when you have a steak or t-bone. since I have them every night, it's full joy for me :)

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Eat something sugary to get rid of the dizzinous....Orange slice's work great. Or some sweet candy. A glass of OJ will work as well.........large glass for sure!
I will have atleast two cups of sweet coffee in the morning a couple of hours before I smoke a cigar. The suger helps alot so I have to agree with this sweet recommendation.

CigarSaint

Who Dat!
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
same here if you getting a head rush and can't handle you shouldn't smoke.... I have two buddies that get buzzes every time, but they just suck up and smoke more

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I like 49ers advice the best....Drink more and you wont be able to tell which one is making you dizzy...

Seems to be a lot of "man up" advice on this thread...ha