What's new

Oliva Serie V Maduro Torpedo

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I have mixed feelings about whether it is 'gouging'. Sounds more like capitalism to me. Sure, I wish I'd bought them at $72.
But if market will bear $110 and it isn't a monopoly (there are alternatives), then I support their right to charge what they can get.
-dave

Rating - 94.5%
85   3   0
It's called MSRP, anything other than in my mind is gouging. Remember, they paid the same, why should you pay more? This is the way the shop that i work at functions, I have seen the owner sell a '03 Petite Lancero at MSRP, as well as numerous others. I guess I feel that as a cigar lover and representative of the cigar industry it is your job to promote the idea of sharing your passion and love for cigars. Once you lose sight of the interests of the smoker and are simply in the game for profit, you will soon lose the comradery, sharing, and education that comes with cigar smoking. Just my opinion, to each his own, just not how I would do things.

Dave

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I feel that as a cigar lover and representative of the cigar industry it is your job to promote the idea of sharing your passion and love for cigars.
Thanks Dave, I love your attitude and wish we saw more of that out in the world. In the Internet era though, everything changed. B&Ms need to keep that idea so their customers keep coming back in the door. The onlines just have to push out product so will price at whatever they can get. IE: I go to my local B&Ms cause I like the people there and want to support them. I go online for pricing or availability of items I cant get in person.

I feel like the local B&Ms need me (or at least want me) as a customer while the online shops dont care either way. Some one else will just buy the product.

Sorry if that was a threadjack.

-Pearl

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's an odd one. I called the shop near my office to see if they had any. Apparently, they got 10 boxes, but didn't ask for them. I had surmised that most shops didn't know what was coming after calling around a bit. Anyway, I said I was going to come down and get a box and he said he wasn't sure if he was going to sell them b/c he didn't want them and didn't know if he had to send all 10 boxes back or if he could sell me one and send 9 back.

http://watchcitycigar.com/

If anyone is still looking, maybe Ernie could be convinced to keep his shipment if a few guys called and ordered them. Don't know what the price is b/c he hasn't priced them yet.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Got my box today. $97 out the door. Had to armwrestle them out of them. Only 2 per customer. My ass. Give me a f'in box dammit. And they did. Nice, but the box after I took the cello off smelled of laquer. Not too thrilled about that. But I got my box.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Got my box today. $97 out the door. Had to armwrestle them out of them. Only 2 per customer. My ass. Give me a f'in box dammit. And they did. Nice, but the box after I took the cello off smelled of laquer. Not too thrilled about that. But I got my box.
Great news....you have my addy right?:devil:

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I got a sample box at an event that smelled the same way, more of glue to me, but who knows... they smoked well though!

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Damm the stores around here wont have them for at least another two weeks.....:nono:
It's better than calling the store, who I confirmed with a friend would get them, and being told that they do not exist and that I was misinformed.

Not only great customer service, but very knowledgeable staff.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
My B&M has not gotten theirs yet either. I actually met the regional Oliva Rep there who is a cool assed dude. So I think I might be safe with getting a box. I'll check back with them on Monday.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I got my box a few days ago, nice smoke. I would reccomend getting a few if you can find them.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I ended up giving up on trying to get mine at the B&M based on comments from the regional Oliva Rep. So today I received my box from CI and they look great. I will have to pack them away that way they get some time rest a bit more.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
CI sold out their online inventory before the physical store saw any... Supposedly...
I went over to Jersey to grab a few myself. Thanks for the tip Frank.