What's new

Olympic Hockey !!!

Rating - 100%
133   0   0
Just saw Canada take apart Norway. Pretty amazing team they've got there. Gotta love the Blackhawk D pair of Keith and Seabrook. Toews and Doughty are favorites of mine to watch too.

I'd love to see a U.S. upset but don't think they've got much of a chance even to get to the gold medal game. Any predictions/opinions, or is it just pretty much football and basketball around here?

Plus there's got to be some way to bet a fiver or so on this.:thinkidea

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I love Hockey. I would be nice for the U.S.to take the Gold.But The Boys up north have a great team and a lot of "want" on there side. Anything short of a Gold, I dont think they would ever live it down.
I am really looking forward to the game on Sunday.

Ed Monton

Sir Winston
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I am really looking forward to seeing some of these games. Russia is the favorite, then Canada but anything is possible. The US team has arguably the best goalie in the NHL this year with Ryan Miller in net. This is one of those tournaments where any of the top teams could win by riding a hot goalie. I'm cheering for the home team of course! :smile:

Rating - 100%
133   0   0
Other than the U.S. I guess Canada wouldn't be bad. I mean there's at least 3 Hawks on that team.

Still has to be a way to do a 5er here though.

Psojka RP,601

This place IS my vacation
Rating - 94.7%
19   1   0
i agree. US victory would be nice, however Canada has the momentum and the want factor...not to mention home-ice advantage times like a thousand. LOL

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
canada not taking gold in hockey would be like the USA not taken gold in football ( american football, and yes i know its not an olympic sport). i mean it is THEIR sport

Rating - 100%
133   0   0
Out of all the Winter Olympics, the home team has only won gold twice. Once was the U.S. in NY. Can't remember the other one. So I smell an upset in the works.

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Only thing is that Canada as a country is putting huge expectations on their team to win the gold....could be their downfall. Hard to say though....very tough team.

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Yeah, from all the interviews the Canadian team seems to feel they can't do anything but gold... I'll be cheering for the home team but it's going be good hockey regardless of who ends up in the gold medal round

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
If the U.S. Team doesn't win it, it will be the "Big Red Machine"....led by Alexander Semin & Alexander Ovechkin!

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Just got back home from my day trip to Vancouver and watched the USA boys win their first game! It was a great day and the arena was electric for the first hockey game!

We got tickets from scalpers for a great price and sat just off center ice, 19 rows up! Can anyone tell me who is being interviewed in the picture below? He was at the game and after the interview, I had to make my way over to meet him and get an autograph on my ticket stub... :smokingbo

And yes, I was pissed I didn't have any USA gear to wear. I planned on buying some stuff before the game but they only had one dept store selling official merchandise and the line just to get into the store was literally a block long... uh, no way... would've missed the start of the game. :frown:

Go USA!

Rating - 100%
133   0   0
Great seats. It must have been a blast.

And the guy being interviewed looks like Mike Eruzione - captain of the 1980 gold medal winning U.S. Hockey team. Nice autograph you got there.

Psojka RP,601

This place IS my vacation
Rating - 94.7%
19   1   0
if its not us and Canada, i smell big Red and Canada. they will be nearly unstoppable. Canada looked very good the other night. Russia has quite the lineup this year though.

Rating - 100%
133   0   0
I believe it was also the U.S. team winning in the U.S. Squaw Valley in 1960?
You're right. So the U.S. has won two gold medals in hockey. 1960 and 1980. Seems they like years ending in"0". So if you're superstitious, it might be time to put some $ down for a U.S. Gold this year. Go USA!!!

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Great seats. It must have been a blast.

And the guy being interviewed looks like Mike Eruzione - captain of the 1980 gold medal winning U.S. Hockey team. Nice autograph you got there.
Bingo, it was Mike Eruzione... scored the winning goal against the Russians in 1980 which led to the Gold! The game was so fun and I'm glad I went. It was a once in a lifetime event for me because how many times will the Olympics be within a short driving distance? I wouldn't fly to any games, but would not pass up a chance like this!

And as much as I would love to see the US do well in the hockey tournament, Canada and Russia are way too strong for the US. The only chance the US has is if their goalie stays hot and we get a little lucky. Watching the game against Switzerland live, we simply do not have the offensive ability like Canada and Russia has. Canada should win unless they choke with all the local pressure.

Ed Monton

Sir Winston
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Remember, once the preliminary round is over, a team has to win every single game to get the gold. Every game counts and that's what makes this tournament so exciting. If this was like the Stanley Cup playoffs and they were playing 7 game series then I have no doubt it would be Canada-Russia in the final but when every game counts, anything can happen. Sometimes the less skilled team steals a game.