What's new

Olympic Hockey !!!

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Remember, once the preliminary round is over, a team has to win every single game to get the gold. Every game counts and that's what makes this tournament so exciting. If this was like the Stanley Cup playoffs and they were playing 7 game series then I have no doubt it would be Canada-Russia in the final but when every game counts, anything can happen. Sometimes the less skilled team steals a game.
Yep, and that's why I said the US has a chance if their goalie gets/stays hot. I love Olympics Hockey for that reason... any given game! A team that might not be as talented but who has good chemistry is also a candidate to win, but I didn't see that yesterday with the US. They looked really sloppy on the offensive end with bad passing etc... they don't have that much time to get that needed chemistry.

Rating - 100%
133   0   0
You never know. A lucky bounce here or there. The other side hits the post once too often. Their goalie lets in a soft goal or two. And it's U.S. gold once again.

So Aloha, are you going up for any more games? Can't let this opportunity slip by you know.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Anyone watching US vs Norway? I see the score is 4-1 in the third period.
Yep, they piled it on the last half of the 3rd period. They really need to tighten up the defense going against Canada and the other big boys, otherwise it could get ugly. Their defense took a lot of chances playing down by the net giving up odd man rushes like 2 on 1 and 3 on 2 chances... that's how Norway got their goal. The defense came way down on a powerplay, whiffed on a shot and Norway came down 3 on 2 and got a short-handed goal. The announcers were talking a lot how this is a bad game plan and they will not be able to do that against Canada and the good teams.

But they are playing better together and it looked like they had better passing than the last game. The goalie Ryan Miller is playing great so there's always a chance.

Ed Monton

Sir Winston
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
We have to wait for Saturday for the good games, CAN-USA and FIN-SWE. I will try to catch some of the CAN-SUI game tonight.

Rating - 100%
133   0   0
Yup, USA vs CAN on Sunday. Can't wait to see that game. I'm not planning on going but I wonder how much those tickets are going for.

And I agree that USA's defense can't play as loose as they did against Norway. Miller had to make several tough saves. But then again, maybe the US figured it was just Norway so why not play aggressively and take chances. . .

Rating - 100%
133   0   0
Canada got lucky. Still picked up 2 points for the SO win though. Can't wait for Sunday (although now they probably won't be assuming that the Gold is automatically theirs and will play hard from the start).

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Why is the regular NBC showing the replay of Russia / Czech Republic rather than the live USA / Canada hockey game??? The USA game is on MSNBC, NOT in High Def. I have DirecTV... is this how anyone else is seeing it? I can't believe how NBC is broadcasting the Olympics... in a day of the internet, smart phones etc, they are tape delaying the games and are ending at midnight on the Pacific Coast!?! If they are going to pay so much money to broadcast the games, they need to do a much better job at it.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Why is the regular NBC showing the replay of Russia / Czech Republic rather than the live USA / Canada hockey game??? The USA game is on MSNBC, NOT in High Def. I have DirecTV... is this how anyone else is seeing it? I can't believe how NBC is broadcasting the Olympics... in a day of the internet, smart phones etc, they are tape delaying the games and are ending at midnight on the Pacific Coast!?! If they are going to pay so much money to broadcast the games, they need to do a much better job at it.
yeah looks like the suits at NBC see curling and USA hockey equally as important. good game, but the whole tv schedule is screwed up. finally back in US timezone and they tape delay everything.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
NBC are freakin' idiots, does it really surprise anyone that they're screwing up the Olympics?

And I have to say something about the curing ... did you guys see that commercial that they aired that showed the US curing team and an announcer going crazy? My wife and I laughed our heads off thinking that it was a MOCKERY, but it was a real commercial! Like who gets that excited about curling, give me a freakin' break!

They need to focus on the BIG STUFF that people actually want to watch, lol. Idiots.

Rating - 100%
133   0   0
From what I understand, they made the decision to show the hockey game on msnbc so they could show the entire game uninterrupted. If it was on nbc, they'd keep switching back and forth between the different events.

Ok two periods down, one to go. What a great game it's been so far.