What's new

Olympic Hockey !!!

Ed Monton

Sir Winston
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Hopefully a rematch in the gold medal game. Canada will have to play Germany and Russia now. Canada-Russia should be a good one. Team USA played well, especially Ryan Miller.

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Yup. Ryan Miller stood on his head tonight. Stopped 42 out fo 45 shots. GREAT win for the US, and a crushing blow for the "Hat" of the USA :grin:

Rating - 100%
133   0   0
I don't remember seeing too many odd man rushes by Canada. That sure helped. And Ryan Miller was the star of that game. If all hockey games were like this one, then it'd be far more popular than baseball and probably basketball too. It was the bright spot of the Olympics for me so far.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
If all hockey games were like this one, then it'd be far more popular than baseball and probably basketball too.
I like your enthusiasm, but no way hockey will ever be as popular as baseball and basketball in the US... hockey is a cold region sport with most of the country not being cold enough for hockey. You just can't duplicate the outdoor rinks of the northern states like Minnesota, Michigan etc... That's why I consider it a great challenge for the USA going against a team like Canada when 95%+ of Canadian guys that are into sports would probably play hockey whereas much less of the athletic population of the US would play hockey. Steve Nash came from Canada, but it was Victoria B.C. which is just like Seattle weather where there isn't any cold, outdoor ice rinks. So what did he do... he played basketball.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
If all hockey games were like this one, then it'd be far more popular than baseball and probably basketball too. It was the bright spot of the Olympics for me so far.
My 18 year old son who never watches any sports, unless he's hanging out with me when I'm watching, said pretty much the same thing.

Rating - 100%
133   0   0
My 18 year old son who never watches any sports, unless he's hanging out with me when I'm watching, said pretty much the same thing.
I'll probably make some people mad but I haven't been to a baseball game in years. Why? It's just too slow moving and, well, boring. Watching a baseball game is something to do if you feel like eating cold hot dogs out somewhere.

Now basketball is pretty exciting but you really only need to watch the last 5 minutes of a game. It seems like what has happened in the first 40 minutes or so doesn't matter. A team jumps out to an early 20 point lead and it's game over? Nope, just have to watch the last 5 minutes to see who the winner will be.

Anyway, I can't wait until the next game. Go USA!!!!!