What's new

Outdoor smoking

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
So it's 43 degrees here in Wa (I know it's much colder in other parts of this world but I'm not there, I'm here) and I have a new toy. I bought a small propane heater thingy and am giving it a test run tonight.
Not bad. I need some angle on it though. My knees are toasty and the rest of me is ok. This will do just fine when it's not dumping buckets or rain to keep me smoking through part of our winter here.
image.jpg

Rating - 92.3%
13   1   0
i hate smoking outside, UNLESS, it's 75+ with humidity under 40%, but that's maybe 3 days of the year in NYC.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I really only enjoy smoking outside. Occasionally I'll venture inside for a herf or get together. Here in Milwaukee there's two options. Layer up and grab a heater or don't smoke. I do both during the winter.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I meant to put in there... "What's your cold weather smoking situation"?
I have one of those for the RV and new house down in NC, but I haven't tried it out yet. Glad you got some warmth from it. Outside in the winter, I'll wear Dickies insulated coveralls, with a battery heated hunting vest underneath, and if I can, a campfire. Last year, I was smoking outside in 10 degree weather.

Here in Jersey, I have a 6'x6' room under a metal patio cover on my back porch. 2x3s 24" on center, covered with R4 foam for walls. 80,000 btu "high hat" that I cut down so it keeps me warm when sitting, plus an exhaust fan for ventilation. Oh, and of course a 32" flat screen.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I meant to put in there... "What's your cold weather smoking situation"?
I have one of those for the RV and new house down in NC, but I haven't tried it out yet. Glad you got some warmth from it. Outside in the winter, I'll wear Dickies insulated coveralls, with a battery heated hunting vest underneath, and if I can, a campfire. Last year, I was smoking outside in 10 degree weather.

Here in Jersey, I have a 6'x6' room under a metal patio cover on my back porch. 2x3s 24" on center, covered with R4 foam for walls. 80,000 btu "high hat" that I cut down so it keeps me warm when sitting, plus an exhaust fan for ventilation. Oh, and of course a 32" flat screen.
Simple but G D genius! God bless.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I found the only issue with that thing is that... well two...
1) Its too low. My knees were toasty but the rest of me was still cold.
2) I had to stay close to it. Closer than I expected.

Im going to return it today and get one of those heat blaster things that have a fan attached that will send the heat my way.

Man... I wish I could have a smoking room.

Rating - 100%
153   0   0
^^^^^ I knew you would be in here soon. How's that 110 treat ya on summer nights Mike!?!?
Family knows this time of year is not known as winter. I call it smoking season. I suffer through the summer to enjoy the next 8 months. Sad thing is as soon as it hits 60 I'll bundle up and drag 2 heaters out on the patio.

CigarSaint

Who Dat!
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
So it's 43 degrees here in Wa (I know it's much colder in other parts of this world but I'm not there, I'm here) and I have a new toy. I bought a small propane heater thingy and am giving it a test run tonight.
Not bad. I need some angle on it though. My knees are toasty and the rest of me is ok. This will do just fine when it's not dumping buckets or rain to keep me smoking through part of our winter here.
View attachment 46390
Those heaters work pretty dam good...

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I will be purchasing one of those jackets with the heater built into it, as well as a small propane or electric heater for the porch. Beyond that, LCC or car rides.

Smoqman

BoM Aug. 2014
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
I only smoke in my office which is vented… But venting still allows some cold air in because you have to have the exchange of fresh air and smoky air.
This extended cold weather and snow crap is at a breaking point with me. It's either more wintertime vacation or move, permanently.