What's new

Paging Mr. Hoshneer...

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Thank you.. On both accounts. One for the code and the other for bringing up something I had hoped was long buried and forgotten about. Lol.

I have been successfully thwarting him.

You actually did a damn good job. I recall SOMEBODY saying they'd pick a new holster and never did.

Time to take over again.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
The Blade Tech is definitely my favorite but the Comp-Tac looks very nice as well. I have always used universal holsters in the past so I really think your judgement is better than mine. The things I want is protection for my gun so I cant scratch it up too bad and just comfort for everyday carry. I think anything would probably be better than what I use sometimes. The ideal situation though is that you could use your expertise to guide me in this purchase and I can save up some scratch to get it myself. Although somehow I don't know if I can get away with that...

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I do like the XDM holster it came with but it doesn't feel as secure as I would like it too. It also doesn't offer much protection for my firearm.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Take a look at the Comp-Tac Infidel. Very nice holster, and meets your needs. Plus, it's on sale today. But it's IWB.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I thought about IWB but have never owned one. The only thing that concerned me was that I am a bigger guy. I wasn't sure if it would press hard on my side or not. You a fan of IWB?

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Big is fine, and often good. Obese is when it becomes difficult.

I am strictly IWB for carry. I feel OWB offers more challenges than perceived benefits. Others may disagree.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Big is fine, and often good. Obese is when it becomes difficult.

I am strictly IWB for carry. I feel OWB offers more challenges than perceived benefits. Others may disagree.
I'm game. Looks like it will conceal well. I knew you would know more than I would. ;)

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Gonna go with the belt clip version, unless you'd prefer the soft loops or tuck-your-shirt-in option.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Huge noob question here as i'm not hugely into all the different tech, but how would one access their fire arm if you are carrying inside your waste band? If you have jeans and a belt on, how would you draw your weapon if God forbid you had to?

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Huge noob question here as i'm not hugely into all the different tech, but how would one access their fire arm if you are carrying inside your waste band? If you have jeans and a belt on, how would you draw your weapon if God forbid you had to?
The belt holds the holster. The holster holds the gun.

In the picture is a JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster (magnificent product, by the way). You can see exactly how the gun sits. You simply add a layer of clothing over the top... t-shirt, sweatshirt, whatever. Should you have to draw your gun, you simply clear the cover garment and proceed with the draw-stroke.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
BAM.
Order #: 162279

Shipped to: Rex Mercer
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Albion, Indiana xxxxxx

1 x The Infidel Holster = $xx.xx
Make Springfield
Model XD (M) 4.5 9/40