What's new

Palio Lighter

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Is the palio double pouch still available? I was unable to find it on the cigarmony site.
You have to order the double pouch direct from Palio. I placed the order and never got any real confirmation or shipping notification, it just showed up about a week or so later...

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Is the palio double pouch still available? I was unable to find it on the cigarmony site.
You have to order the double pouch direct from Palio. I placed the order and never got any real confirmation or shipping notification, it just showed up about a week or so later...
thank you
No worries. If you get one be sure to post... This is the only thread on this lighter that I'm aware of and 1/3 of it is about Xikars.... :laugh:

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
thank you
No worries. If you get one be sure to post... This is the only thread on this lighter that I'm aware of and 1/3 of it is about Xikars.... :laugh:

That looks like some quality there from those pics. I think the comparison to Xikar is in order as they do carry the best guarantee for lighters that I know of. Anytime I have had an issue, I take it to my B&M and they swap it out.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
thank you

That looks like some quality there from those pics. I think the comparison to Xikar is in order as they do carry the best guarantee for lighters that I know of. Anytime I have had an issue, I take it to my B&M and they swap it out.
I don't refute comparing the two at all, and some of xikar's lighters are in the same price point, but I don't think anyone will be able to accurately compare the two until they are abused for a few years and we can see how they hold up. I like the lifetime warranty aspect of the xikars, but how often one needs to use the warranty is a bigger concern...

I spoke with the guys at my B&M the last time I bought a new Prometheus. I'll admit they swayed me from xikars in general because of the frequency they reported they needed to be repaired/returned. I don't know the validity of that claim and I certainly don't see as many people using their lighters daily like they do, but I also know everyone has some bias so I may revisit them if I find one I really like. They didn't say I could bring it in and swap it out, and I did ask, so I have to assume that either they don't participate in that or the guy I was talking to was talking out of his ***....

If this Palio makes it a solid year before having any issues then I'll consider it 50 bucks well spent...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you
Finally ordered the double pouch on Friday. I'll report back when it arrives. I'm still deciding on the Palio lighter but with my lighter fetish, I'm sure ill grab one at some point.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the pouch on Friday so far I love it. I've always wanted to carry my lighter and cutter in a single case and this Palio pouch is well executed. I still need to grab a Palio lighter to complete the set but I frequently mix and match my cutter/lighter combo anyway.

Here go some pics of the pouch with a Cuban crafters perfect cutter (my Palio cutter wasn't close by) and a Xikar xtx double lighter.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
If there are any questions about durability, I accidentally ran mine through a clothes washing cycle and it fires up and works just like it was new.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Mine has hit the concrete repeatedly and still runs just fine. The scratches made me cry at first though... Then I remembered I didn't pay that much and I felt better... Lol

Sent from my mind using telekinesis and Tapatalk.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up the stainless Palio. The finish is perfect and it has a surprisingly weighty heft. Really nice. Vents (esp the side vent) and fuel Window look great! Very very happy with the purchase! Interesting the botl crest is on both sides and the Palio stamp is on the bottom (nice) but no mark where it was made. I like this and can fantasize it was US :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 10 days of use, I can say this is a terrific lighter. The action is very smooth and solid. The flame is excellent, comparable to my dupont Xtend and like the dupont, I don't feel the need for a double+ flame.