What's new

Pappy kool aid?

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Thanks kcjason, now all the Stagg ISO's are gonna start popping up....

I think E needs to start up SuperHtfRareLiquorfora.com next year

:)

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I was looking around at the prices that everyone has it up for; what is the actual price?!?
10@$35
12@$48
Rye@65
15@$68
20@$115
23@$219
$39.99 - Old Rip Van Winkle Handmade Bourbon 10 Year Old 107 proof
$54.99 - Van Winkle Special Reserve Bourbon 12 Year Old
$69.99 - Van Winkle Family Reserve Rye Whiskey 13 Year Old
$79.99 - Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve Bourbon 15 Year Old
$129.99 - Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve Bourbon 20 Year Old
$249.99 - Pappy Van Winkle’s Family Reserve Bourbon 23 Year Old

Pa prices..does not include tax + shipping cost which is mandatory.

rev.b

Master of Mayhem * BoM 1/14
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I just bought a bottle of 15 yr and its no where near that in sc

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Well I just had a 15 blind and I prefer stagg if I catch a bottle cool to have It on the bar but not chasin it. I'm definitely not saying it's bad it's a great drink (I had it neat) but I wasn't wowed and then she told me what it was and I was like oh ok.
Even better than your reaction was your buddy Q saying, "It's good, but it's no George T." :)

Glad to have this taken off my list. I wasn't chasing but I would have been tempted to spend too much on some had a bottle fallen in my lap.
The thing is the reaction was the same mine blind and him knowing what he had. Again not a bad glass...just, man the hype and the hunt ... Provision some more barrells and make it available

rev.b

Master of Mayhem * BoM 1/14
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I just bought a bottle of 15 yr and its no where near that in sc
Did you buy from ABC or secondary market.

Down in Beaufort county sc all liquorstores are abc,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I bought it from a guy who has a liquor store here in BS and it was $145. Was on a 'list' in a town bout 20 miles away called me and had some 23 yr wanting $400 I laughed and hung up.

Last edited:

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
Just so we're all clear on where I stand on this:

If there was a Pappy-flavored koolaid, and/or BT started producing ORVW-branded regular old koolaid, I'd buy the shit out of that, too.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Just so we're all clear on where I stand on this:

If there was a Pappy-flavored koolaid, and/or BT started producing ORVW-branded regular old koolaid, I'd buy the shit out of that, too.
Harg has it bad!!!! It is good stuff I will not deny but half of what got me into bourbon and pappy was the value. Bourbon has a lot lower ceiling for price then scotch and was a great value. The best bourbon you can buy was $350 a bottle vs $20k for scotch. I knew it would only last so long but think as a rule bourbon still is a good value compared to scotch and a better product then Canadian whiskey.

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
Harg has it bad!!!! It is good stuff I will not deny but half of what got me into bourbon and pappy was the value. Bourbon has a lot lower ceiling for price then scotch and was a great value. The best bourbon you can buy was $350 a bottle vs $20k for scotch. I knew it would only last so long but think as a rule bourbon still is a good value compared to scotch and a better product then Canadian whiskey.
I feel ya, Aaron. Truly, within the last few years I've found a handful of things I love (and that don't require me to get on a list 3 years ago) in the $20-30 range, and couldn't be happier with 'em.

Still some great things to be had out there, but not like there were when I first developed my taste for hooch. I can remember picking up Glenmo 12 and the port cask finish (pre-quinta ruban) for just over $30 here.

Gone are the days... *sniffle*

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
...half of what got me into bourbon and pappy was the value. Bourbon has a lot lower ceiling for price then scotch and was a great value. The best bourbon you can buy was $350 a bottle vs $20k for scotch. I knew it would only last so long but think as a rule bourbon still is a good value compared to scotch and a better product then Canadian whiskey.
Same here. I started out with Scotch. I recently switched over to Bourbon.

I learned a lot about whisky with Scotch, which led me to realize that we take just as much care and pride in whiskey right here at home, and like you said, the prices were so much lower.

So far I have found that the Bourbon I have tried is more complex and way better than any Scotch.

I recently poured some of my Scotch and now it almost tastes bland to me, now that I'm used to Bourbon.

Anyway, I'm new to Bourbon, so by default, I could be considered part of the problem/explosion/market saturation...but guys, the stuff is amazing....my apologies, I need to try more bottles!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
TMZ LIVE yesterday:

Yesterday, I was at my gym, and since it happened to be on the television, I watched TMZ live (I know, don't ask) while I was doing some cardio on the machine

They have viewers call in via webcam to comment and yesterday, this kid calls in about Clint Eastwoods daughter drinking underage and the TMZ guys noticed he had bottles in the background.

They made a comment about the bottles they could see in the background, the kid says "It's Pappy Van Winkle"....grabs 1 of what looked to be at least 3 bottles he had and held it up to the camera.

One of the TMZ guys changes the subject from Clint Eastwoods daughter to explaining to Harvey Levin (and the rest of the world for that matter) what Pappy Van Winkle is, how hard it is to find, how bars in the south are charging 100 dollars for a shot, and the whole crew went on a Pappy rant for a solid minute to minute and a half, the production crew grabbed a stock photo of the bottles and put them up on the screen so everyone had a clear picture of exactly what it looks like/what to look for now that they probably have to have it too.

Doesn't get more mainstream than that. TMZ making that much harder to get now I would imagine.

I have never had a bottle and will probably never get one. As a matter of fact I'm not going to even put any effort into it, seems futile and borderline ridiculous.