What's new

Paranoid...

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I received a hefty letter from us customs about my cigars being seized. This is my first experience with such as I never had any of my cigars seized before.
I'm a little worried that now I'm on some sort of list that they are watching my name and address and such.
Any of you guys experienced this? I'm beginning to feel very paranoid and I'm ready to give up buying ISOMs altogether.

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
From what I know two types of letters exist.
1) One comes from customs saying item(s) were seized and property would be forfeited unless you respond.
2) Certified letter from OFAC requesting your response with info.

My understanding is letter 2) is the one to be concerned about.

This is from my own research and discussions with other brothers and not something I personally dealt with.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
It's my understanding that Hawaii is harder to get cigars into than the mainland.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Thanks bros for the PMs and all your help. I'm gonna lay off for little while before ordering again and keep my orders to a minimum.

TimEye

Tim
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
25 Miles South of the Football Hall of Fame
Shiite! I just got one of the letters today, and the replacement shipment just hit NY two days ago. I may be screwed.... can I expect that I will be on a watch list? Any personal experiences? Advice? Thanks!

Edit; I may have just answered my own question, as I did have a package come through eight days after the one in question. I would still appreciate any help or advice! Thanks!

Last edited:

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I think with them going to Hawaii, your best bet would be to request or have someone redirect your cigars band-less...and have the bands/box shipped separately, possibly from the mainland. Just a thought.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was checking the usps site every 6 hours of every day for almost 3 weeks for this thing I was waiting on
...i was starting to sh*t bricks when i saw that it was in NY for such a long time; but when I saw that it finally moved, I was beyond relieved.

TimEye

Tim
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shiite! I just got one of the letters today, and the replacement shipment just hit NY two days ago. I may be screwed.... can I expect that I will be on a watch list? Any personal experiences? Advice? Thanks!

Edit; I may have just answered my own question, as I did have a package come through eight days after the one in question. I would still appreciate any help or advice! Thanks!
Thanks to all for the advice, PM's and general reassurances! My replacement box arrived unmolested!

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Get creative with your orders..
Meaning what? Like getting them shipped without bands or boxes?
I currently have a box, which I ordered on Jul 18th, that says "in fulfillment" Should I be concerned?
This is my first time ordering online.
I'd imagine any first time offenders get warned. I would also imagine that second, third or even more frequent offenders may incur penalties or fines?

Rating - 95.7%
24   1   0
The OFAC website posts their civil penalties and enforcement information on their website.

Look at the civil penalties handed out between 2006-2009 then look at the penalties given out 2010 through 2012. There is a huge difference, and it should help you in making your decision in how you govern yourself in the future wrt purchasing CC

Last edited:
Rating - 95.7%
24   1   0
Just had a box seized in NY. I have been speaking with several brothers through PM's on this forum and other forums and confiscations seem to be soaring right now. My vendor was solid and told me that they got confiscated even before I knew they were and had a second box shipped (i don't get caught up in following tracking info). If this box comes through safely, I am probably going to be on a buying freeze for a while to let things cool down before we have another chicago situation on our hands

TimEye

Tim
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just had a box seized in NY. I have been speaking with several brothers through PM's on this forum and other forums and confiscations seem to be soaring right now. My vendor was solid and told me that they got confiscated even before I knew they were and had a second box shipped (i don't get caught up in following tracking info). If this box comes through safely, I am probably going to be on a buying freeze for a while to let things cool down before we have another chicago situation on our hands
Sorry to hear about this. It's definitely random. I had a box seized in late June, but had another box from another vendor pass while the other was being confiscated. Then the replacement box came through OK. Just had another box delivered today......

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
I'm pretty sure my latest box purchase has been seized as well - my first ever experience with this. It's been sitting at ISC NY for well over a week with no updates at all. I just contacted my vendor to see if they know anything. Kinda sucks, but I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later... :(

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
LOL. Go figure that just after I put in my first order everyone starts getting stuff seized. Fingers crossed I guess. On the bright side, my mom grabbed me a couple BBFs while she was in Bermuda.