What's new

partagas series D #4

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
He lets it rest for a month because it has traveled half way across the world for a week or two. Nothing wrong with that.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
personally i believe a good cigar should be good out of the box
Cigars are living breathing things that react to heat, cold, pressure etc. Take a trip on a plane for 6 hours and see how you feel. Cigars need to rest and get past the trauma of their trip and the changes in temp. 30 days. It works.

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Cigars are living breathing things that react to heat, cold, pressure etc. Take a trip on a plane for 6 hours and see how you feel. Cigars need to rest and get past the trauma of their trip and the changes in temp. 30 days. It works.
I'm a believer in this. PSD4's and PSP2's are actually the exact cigars that made me most realize this. Even more aging is great, but the 30 days is a must!:waving:

ezrider

ezrider
Rating - 97.1%
43   1   0
Pds 4s I've the plesure of smoking had some age on them and I thought were a really good smoke, It does make s diff by leaving them ALL to rest for a few months.. But I have a hard time doing that as well as most of you folks..
just to tempting.. my rotation is getting larger but I still smoke almost all of mine in a couble of weeks...Dang boy let them rest.....wish I could follow my own advice...........LOL

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well this is my first post in this forum (besides my introduction in the introduction forum).

I just want to say that the PSD4 is one of my favorite smokes. I agree with all the previous comments: all those flavors of wood, leather and that Partagas spice that kicks from the first puff....awesome.

I have find too that the last third can be a little harsh when smoking them fresh, but with a couple of years that harsh flavor turns into a flavor bomb!!

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
OK... That means that for my 5ers it's one now 4 later especially depending on the stick.

Do you attempt to follow this rule for cigars purchased at a local B&M?

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
OK... That means that for my 5ers it's one now 4 later especially depending on the stick.

Do you attempt to follow this rule for cigars purchased at a local B&M?
No. When the cigars travel by plane, trucks etc great distances and are subject to heat/cold/heat/moisture in holds, post offices, customs houses etc....they react. Letting them rest from this truamatic experience makes sense. Hopefully the sticks you get from the B&M have been resting.

skydiver

just jump
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the owner of my local shop gives me a hard time for crawling around in his walk in to dig out whats in the very back corner on the floor. But, I've found some very nicely aged smokes. Some as much as 5-6 years, Montisino Sungrown (don't usually smoke'em but with that age they were nice) and some Avo #3 maduros, excellent smokes. And my old favorite, the Oliva Bold maduro with the blue cloth bands which were about 4 years old. I tried to keep a few but they went up in smoke in about a month!

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
the owner of my local shop gives me a hard time for crawling around in his walk in to dig out whats in the very back corner on the floor. But, I've found some very nicely aged smokes. Some as much as 5-6 years, Montisino Sungrown (don't usually smoke'em but with that age they were nice) and some Avo #3 maduros, excellent smokes. And my old favorite, the Oliva Bold maduro with the blue cloth bands which were about 4 years old. I tried to keep a few but they went up in smoke in about a month!
Montesino sun grown is one of my favs and a very under the radar cigar.

skydiver

just jump
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Montesino sun grown is one of my favs and a very under the radar cigar.
no doubt about it, I have bought all of the Montisino's he had. and he gave them to me at 1/2 price he said that they've been there so long (he had forgotten they were in there.....yeah, he doesn't move much around) that he surely had paid for them several times over. He is just the best B&M owner I deal with. And in my area, NC, there are 5 shops that I probably stop in to at least say hey every month, But his is my "regular" hang out.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, this one is a classic. If you guys are looking for more fine robustos, check out the Ramon Allones Specially Selected. Won't be disappointed.

sogon

El Capitan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My recently purchased box of these are all very loosely rolled and have an incredibly light draw. The flavor is fine, perhaps I just need to use a punch to slow the draw a little. They were purchased at the Frankfurt airport duty free.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
My recently purchased box of these are all very loosely rolled and have an incredibly light draw. The flavor is fine, perhaps I just need to use a punch to slow the draw a little. They were purchased at the Frankfurt airport duty free.
First, I do not trust duty free shops. I have seen fakes sold in a number of them. Assuming they are real, up your humidity a bit from 65 to 68 or even 70 and try them.

sogon

El Capitan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, I do not trust duty free shops. I have seen fakes sold in a number of them. Assuming they are real, up your humidity a bit from 65 to 68 or even 70 and try them.
I tested another couple of them, and squeezed some others, it seems that about 1 in 3 or so is loose. I have smoked Partagas long enough to know that these are indeed real.
Thanks for the recommendation on upping the humidity, I'll have to get some different beads.