What's new

partagas series D #4

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
A couple of guys recently recieved some of these... one was different from the rest: slightly larger ring.. that one was smoked first (& didn't match previous experience), the rest are resting. The remainder had a Feb 05 code... All that to say - where is the best place to confirm box codes?

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I've searched the internets and things seem legit - FRH?
2nd was tried. Not bad, but not good.
I've heard 2005 was bad for these....
$.02 anyone?

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
OK... That means that for my 5ers it's one now 4 later especially depending on the stick.

Do you attempt to follow this rule for cigars purchased at a local B&M?
No. When the cigars travel by plane, trucks etc great distances and are subject to heat/cold/heat/moisture in holds, post offices, customs houses etc....they react. Letting them rest from this truamatic experience makes sense. Hopefully the sticks you get from the B&M have been resting.
My B&M usually tells me when a certain cigar came in so its pretty easy to tell if I need to spark it or let it rest a while.. if it needs resting then it gets the full freeze treatment (I don't know where that stick's been) before going into the humi for at least a month.

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
A couple of guys recently received some of these... one was different from the rest: slightly larger ring.. that one was smoked first (& didn't match previous experience), the rest are resting. The remainder had a Feb 05 code... All that to say - where is the best place to confirm box codes?
The best place to confirm a code is your source. Box codes are just as you would imagine...... on the box not on the cigar. Boxes with codes from any year can be filled with fresh cigars (a few are even the same Marca and vitola the older box represents) and because "aged" stock usually commands a higher price or demand than fresh stock they are chosen first. So your source is whom you should question if you suspect the above or even worse........DTIPB syndrome (Dog Turds In Primo Boxes).
This is syndrome is rampant SOTB (South of the Border).
Some of the best vendors have shipped out DTIPB in the past, they make it right when confronted with conclusive evidence something is amiss. That don't happen SOTB or from the contact that someones second cousin knows. I would be especially suspect if one of the cigars was the wrong ring gage or length (slight variances excepted).
Switching contents of legitimate boxes has been happening forever, that's why us old guys will always recommend that you know and trust your source and take a pass on any deal, no matter how good, that you aren't sure of the source.
If it's happened to you consider it tuition learning your hobby, we've all paid some from time to time. Learn from it and most of all be certain of your source.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
..consider it tuition learning your hobby, we've all paid some from time to time.
Good advise...

Things did check out though: legit.
Sealed, stamped, stickered & coded, etc...

I think these were improperly stored...

Only time will tell if this was an 'investment' or simply 'dues/tuition'...

:agreesmil

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Good advise...

Things did check out though: legit.
Sealed, stamped, stickered & coded, etc...

I think these were improperly stored...

Only time will tell if this was an 'investment' or simply 'dues/tuition'...

:agreesmil

I think your right AJ either way you gain something.