What's new

Pete Johnson's new line: L'Atelier

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Budget smokes can be a good thing. Like that stupid commercial on TV says-we all like saving money. I don't want to smoke a $3 smoke and say "hey, it's not bad for $3" but if it's like the Padron thousand series where it's still a great cigar, just mixed filler-I'm in.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I really enjoyed all the Tat's smoked so far... why not try these.

Welcome back Pete.

Life's too short to smoke bad cigars or argue on the net. ;)

Klusterbuck

Corrupted At An Early Age
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I could give 2 shits about the whole who is copying who....

How do they taste?
Can I afford lots of them?

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar....

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
The only thing constant is change. I remember these conversations here. Glad I changed for the better. They're planted, grown, cut, aged, rolled, aged some more and smoked.......

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
What are you talking about? It's nothing like that.

A proper analogy would be if Nike had 3 sizes of shoes that were unique to Nike and Adidas came along and made those same 3 sizes. And then they make those shoes look exactly like the Nikes!
You wanna fight? fisticuffs? tango?

:tonguerol

We're talking about Cigars here, man...only so much deviation. Unless someone made a cross joint...that would be cool....

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
BUT...

If Adidas clearly stated they were "paying homage" to Nike though, THEN it'd be cool. You know, cause they're being up front about it and stuff.

And c'mon Nate...take a closer look at the bands. There is at the very least, an ample amount of "homage" being paid there too.
Really? I just don't see it (the bands, I mean). Maybe I'm not artistic enough to notice it or something.

Anyway, about this whole topic ... whatever. The same size thing certainly doesn't bother me, if it bothers you a lot, that's unfortunate.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Anyway, about this whole topic ... whatever. The same size thing certainly doesn't bother me, if it bothers you a lot, that's unfortunate.
You're missing my point Nate, which I outlined for the most part back my intial post. The act of ripping off ideas or marketing doesn't bother me, particularly in the cigar world, as it has all pretty much been done already...as you mentioned. What irks me, why I don't really know, is the hypocritical mentality where I saw Andre get blasted here (and in more than one thread mind you) for not having original ideas.....yet when Pete does it, albeit under the guise of paying homage, it's all good? That's my point. I'm not surprised by it, as this has always be a uber Tat biased forum. Hell, just taking a quick look around, and that's pretty obvious.

Anyway, that's what I noticed, and what I initially found irony in. Was it a bit of pot-stirring? Sure it was...hell still might be even, lol....but I had that opinion, and thought I'd share it. That's what the forum is all about right?....we aren't all going to think alike and agree on everything.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
You're missing my point Nate, which I outlined for the most part back my intial post. The act of ripping off ideas or marketing doesn't bother me, particularly in the cigar world, as it has all pretty much been done already...as you mentioned. What irks me, why I don't really know, is the hypocritical mentality where I saw Andre get blasted here (and in more than one thread mind you) for not having original ideas.....yet when Pete does it, albeit under the guise of paying homage, it's all good? That's my point. I'm not surprised by it, as this has always be a uber Tat biased forum. Hell, just taking a quick look around, and that's pretty obvious.

Anyway, that's what I noticed, and what I initially found irony in. Was it a bit of pot-stirring? Sure it was...hell still might be even, lol....but I had that opinion, and thought I'd share it. That's what the forum is all about right?....we aren't all going to think alike and agree on everything.
Gotcha, Kyle. And I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

But I still like ya anyways, bro :)

Signed, Nate
Certified uber Tat-biased fanboy