What's new

Pete losing Flor de Lis symbol??

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
isnt it a nice deal to go to a show to meet your customers and have a good time, and then get hit with this crap.

Good Luck to you Pete.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Let's step into another industry real quick. An industry I also participate in. The clothing business. How many t-shirt companies use the Fleur? Too many to count and no one can claim the rights to it.
I got amazing lawyers that specialize in this. The only question is how much I want to spend to fight Goliath. Also, how much do I want to spend to allow everyone else to use it.

Josh.CHI

The Dude abides
Rating - 81.8%
10   2   0
Let's step into another industry real quick. An industry I also participate in. The clothing business. How many t-shirt companies use the Fleur? Too many to count and no one can claim the rights to it.
I got amazing lawyers that specialize in this. The only question is how much I want to spend to fight Goliath. Also, how much do I want to spend to allow everyone else to use it.
Matters how much Capitan America you have in you

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I agree with Bob, Pete could use any design on his sticks and as long as we all know it is a Tat we will all still buy them regardless of it having the fleur de lis or not. Maybe a new design with the middle finger would be appropriate?:grinFU:

n.olson

Veteran Eccentric
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I agree with Bob, Pete could use any design on his sticks and as long as we all know it is a Tat we will all still buy them regardless of it having the fleur de lis or not. Maybe a new design with the middle finger would be appropriate?:grinFU:
still think the poison label idea is pretty good!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
If this is true I would drop the logo. Pete's cigar are not recognized by the logo as much as the name. Tat has a rep for quality and taste, something that Alt. Will never have. They will always be known for making Cuban ripoffs. When Cubans come to the US do you think there will ever be another NC Monty sold? I have tats right next to CC in my humidor because both have unique tastes.

Bottom line - don't spend money on laywers. I donlt smoke the logo. Build an add campain around being the little guy being forced to change so that people will not confuse your cigars with an inferior product.

n.olson

Veteran Eccentric
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
i think i already AM boycotting montes... mostly because they were awful. so solidarity brother! i am officially boycotting monte!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Say it is so, and a new look has to take place. Without a doubt, I'm pretty confident that someone if within the company or the contributors themselves will be able come up with a unique if not better looking trademark that would fit them and only them.

I'm sure even a few close friends or tatuaje fans that happen to be designers could even contribute to this.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Say it is so, and a new look has to take place. Without a doubt, I'm pretty confident that someone if within the company or the contributors themselves will be able come up with a unique if not better looking trademark that would fit them and only them.

I'm sure even a few close friends or tatuaje fans that happen to be designers could even contribute to this.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
This is why forums like this are amazing. You can get information from the sources themselves if they are willing. I am interested to hear what will go on here with this situation seeing that I know nothing about business and law. I just don't want to see Pete's product get hurt here, because he clearly makes great smokes. Saying this I know he will do what is needed to continue to make such quality sticks so I am not worried.

However this could end up being a huge advantage for Pete IMO. Think about buying a box now with the 'old bands.' These cigars would become even more sought after if that is even possible. I would bet that once word got out that the current bands could no longer be used boxes and sticks everywhere would just sell out.

I also would say that I would boycott Altadis now, but I already have been unintentionally because they don't make anything I want to smoke.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Pete... I say drop the logo. spend the money you would spend fighting the big corporate douche to continue to bring us new and exciting tatuaje products. we all know you got a million ideas in your head...

Then... let the brothers here help you find a new unique logo exclusive to the tatuaje label. you could do a contest or something :thumbsup: