What's new

Peyton to the Cowboys - it makes sense

Lorax429

Dagum
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
A lot of speculation about where Manning will land. I haven't heard any one mention what to me seems like a very likely landing spot. If you ask me I can very easily see him ending up in Dallas. I'm no Cowboys fan, but this makes so much sense to me...

Jerry Jones loves big time names and making big splashes. And lets face it folks, Romo is just not getting it done, but he still has some value and could bring a decent return in a trade. On top of all that, Dallas has a lot of talent and is probably a good QB away from being a legitimate contender. Plus all the locker room crap goes away when you have a real proven leader that can bring all those egos into check the second he walks in there. Lastly you have the Face of the NFL as the QB of "America's Team". It makes business sense, it makes football sense. Is almost certainly a big win in terms of publicity, money, and wins on the field for Dallas and Jerry Jones. And as much as I'd hate to see Dallas win a Superbowl, I think the chances of them doing so improve dramatically. They are almost certain to win one in the next 3 years if they go get Peyton Manning.

Am I really the only one who has though of this?

BeerAdvocate

BeerHunter
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
No way that Peyton will ruin his legacy by going to the Cowboys or Redskins!
I would love to see him in AZ throwing to Larry Fitz.!

Lorax429

Dagum
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I'm thinking maybe he might land with the Jets, but it will all come down to money since he will be a free agent.
Jerry will pay him. You know he will and he'll be worth it. Think about it. Manning wearing the Star. The amount of money that would generate would justify just about any salary they want to give him. Jersey sales would be nuts. There are Cowboy fans everywhere (something that annoys me to no end).

Tnt Cigarguy

BoM Jan 12
Rating - 100%
138   0   0
The dark horse in this race is Denver. John Elway and a good head coach. 3 very good young receivers and a stud D. Denver won with Tebow imagine what they can do with Peyton. I personally want to see him come to SF. We land him we win the superbowl.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Jerry will pay him. You know he will and he'll be worth it. Think about it. Manning wearing the Star. The amount of money that would generate would justify just about any salary they want to give him. Jersey sales would be nuts. There are Cowboy fans everywhere (something that annoys me to no end).
But he is already paying Romo too much money. You are right though, Jerry Jones is evil enough to do that.. lol It will be interesting to see how this pans out. DOn't forget, whoever gets Peyton, will make him pass a physical. I know the doctors have cleared him, but is he good to go?

Lorax429

Dagum
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
BUT, do they have the cap money???? it's not just about what the owner is willing to spend.
Good point, but I imagine there are ways to make it work.

The dark horse in this race is Denver. John Elway and a good head coach. 3 very good young receivers and a stud D. Denver won with Tebow imagine what they can do with Peyton. I personally want to see him come to SF. We land him we win the superbowl.
I've heard this one too. I think this is another good dark horse scenario. More likely than my Cowboys theory to be honest.

Rating - 100%
123   0   0
I know I'm dreaming but the Chiefs have cap room and a lot of targets to throw to and a running game to complement the
passing game. The only weekness is the offensive line... and that would be a deal killer. Like I said... just dreaming :halfgrinw

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Here are a couple of tidbits I read:

PM earned about $172 million with the Colts...breaks down to...about $1500 an hour....about $40 a second.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I personally want to see him come to SF. We land him we win the superbowl.
The more likely scenario is Peyton going to one of your not so rival Cardinals or Seattle. They have the money to spend and a good stock of receivers. Both coaches are player friendly and have nice spots in the draft.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Not, he cant go to Seattle and play for the POS Pete Carroll. AZ might be a good fit for him.. Better yet, create an LA team and have Peyton play here.. lol Yeah, I know dreaming again.

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I think its highly doubtful he goes to any NFC East team. He doesnt like playing his brother now, let alone twice a year. Love to see him in SanFran, being a 49ers fan and all, but dont think it will happen. Hoping its not AZ or Seattle. My dark horse would be the Broncos as well. Can groom Tebow, the only downfall is the cold weather. We'll see. I take a 2 week break from the NFL, and they draw me right back in!! Love it! :clap:

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The problem is the Cards are NOTORIOUSLY cheap and I don't think they will spend the money. Not to mention they have a terrible defense, the O-line isn't so hot and they just dropped 5 years/$63mil on Kolb. Getting them to spend more on an older, injured QB is unlikely. And I don't see Manning wanting to play behind that O-line. I would bet he ends up in Miami or San Fran before AZ.

The more likely scenario is Peyton going to one of your not so rival Cardinals or Seattle. They have the money to spend and a good stock of receivers. Both coaches are player friendly and have nice spots in the draft.