What's new

Peyton to the Cowboys - it makes sense

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
But, Jerry always seems to be loyal to a fault, supporting and believing in players and staff to the very end; often after they have (unfortunately) done damage to the team. Having said that, I wonder if he would sideline/trade Romo (?)
It is like Gene Autry and the Angeles. They did not win a World Series until Gene died and the necessary changes were made. That being said, I loved Gene Autry. He was just too nice of a guy, if there is such a thing.

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Peyton and the 49ers? It would never work. In San Fransisco, it is illegal to own a gold fish because it is considered cruel to keep them in a bowl. Everyone knows Manning would never part with his goldfish named "Jaws". Sorry San Fran!

This is really a law, only the names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Rating - 95.7%
24   1   0
Tebow is loved by the City of Jacksonville and the organization loses money hand over fist every single season and their games are blacked out because the fans don't show up. Bringing Tebow back would at the very least put fans back into the seats and maybe get the games on TV again.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Two more seasons, max. Maybe one playoff win, max. Then retirement. They call it the Favre Plan™.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
The Tebow Jersey sales alone would be worth the signing no matter if he plays or not. The ticket sales would put the Jaguars back in the black for sure!

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Wow. Denver and $96 million over 5 years, with a guaranteed $18 million for this year alone. Not too shabby. If you see me with a Broncos shirt, it will be for Boise State, not Denver!

Last edited:

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Jacksonville doesnt want Tebow. They showed that when they signed Henne the other day. Nobody wants him unfortunately. He needs to reconsider this whole quarterback thing.
Wow. Actually Tebow put up good numbers, especially this year. He put up better numbers than Sanchez and some of the other boys that get paid a lot of money and do nothing. He isn't in the caliber of Favre, Manning or Bries, but the boy has talent. Lot's of folks are put off because of his religious convictions. Last time I checked, he is entitled to believe how he chooses and can express his beliefs. Has nothing to do with his ability.

I think a few teams will snatch him up. But we will see. And no, I am not a Tebow fan either. Just facts are facts.

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I think it comes down to Jacksonville or Green Bay (as a backup) for a 4th or 5th round pick. I don't think he will garner much more for a trade.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
If Jacksonville doesn't take him then Miami should do it. He's too popular a player to not sign with a club. He may not be what many out there consider an ideal quarterback but you'd have to be crazy to not at least sign him and have that carrot dangling out there for his fans that he may play anytime. If he does get in there I think he'll do well if they adjust to his skills. He's a winner and as I said before the jersey sales alone are worth it.

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
Wow. Actually Tebow put up good numbers, especially this year. He put up better numbers than Sanchez and some of the other boys that get paid a lot of money and do nothing. He isn't in the caliber of Favre, Manning or Bries, but the boy has talent. Lot's of folks are put off because of his religious convictions. Last time I checked, he is entitled to believe how he chooses and can express his beliefs. Has nothing to do with his ability.

I think a few teams will snatch him up. But we will see. And no, I am not a Tebow fan either. Just facts are facts.
I got nothing against his religious convictions. I applaud the man for being an outstanding role model. He will be successful in the NFL, I just dont believe it will be at the QB position. Watching tape of him proves he can only excel at his current ability for a small amount of time. He was only an anomaly for one year, and teams will game plan against him next year and his ability will be neutralized. If you watch tape on him, he makes a majority of his throws when he extends plays with his feet. DB's can only defend a receiver for about 3-4 seconds before a defense breaks down. His inability to get the ball out quickly and check down receivers will hurt him in the future because he will eventually slow down and be unable to scramble. Now, he can improve on these abilities but his game playing is not reflective of his practicing at this time(throwing motion and foot work).

I think a team like San Fran or Green Bay may pick him up because they have a great staff to coach him up. I dont believe Jacksonville/Miami will pick him up bc he would more than likely be in a West Coast scheme and both their coaching staffs are inept to coach him properly. He would be a nightmare within a West Coast scheme without some severe coaching and improvement. The odds are stacked against, but like we all have seen he has overcome them in the past. It will be interesting to see if he can do it again,.....at whatever position he plays.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
He either goes to Jacksonville or the New England Patriots. I don't think Jacksonville wants the headaches after signing Henne last week. So that leaves Belichick and McD.