What's new

Photography Critiques Corner

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Really like the colors and the warmth of this image but it appears to have perspective distortion going on. I see you used a 35mm lens which tells me you were fairly close to the setup...which gives the skewed horizon and leaning lighter. Lightroom has a lens adjustment feature if you happen to have it, might help straighten it up.

Unedited:

Hope you don't mind I did a slight adjustment. As I was I noticed that it appears you weren't square to the cigar as the end is OOF while the foot is in focus. Could be what lends itself to the distortion I was seeing. I basically added a bit of perspective correction, straightened up the lighter and made the cigar a touch punchier.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
This is a cool thread ! siyanks-9.jpgsiyanks-17.jpgGiants729-148.jpg

These are some shots from the SI Yankees game that I shoot at,and Giants.... I'm thinking about taking some cigar pics as an experiment to see how I like it actually

The EVP

The Bully
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I like the image, but the black thing behind the guitar is distracting and lends nothing to the image. Would have been nice if it could have been moved or move everything else a bit to the left to eliminate the interference.
Yeah, I didn't like it either. But it was a table cloth that had her book release cake on it, so it couldn't be moved. BTW, the cake was tasty!

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Didn't get a chance to take many scenic photos on my beach vacation like I usually do. Kids were keeping me busy. So here is one of the so called super moon rising over the Bogue Inlet fishing pier in Emerald Isle, NC. Two images merged, one with exposure for the beach and pier, and the other with exposure for the moon.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
My first couple go's at some amateur photography. I know nothing, so any constructive criticism about fancy words that deal with shutter speeds, settings of this, that or the other will mostly go un-understood.

Obviously they've been edited, some more than others.

Feedback please.

bw field 3.1.jpg

bw field 3.jpg

bw field rev 1.jpg

bw field.jpg

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Here's another. Not too happy with the composition of the picture, but love the color. Only slightly enhanced. North Dakota sunrises are gorgeous

bw field 6.jpg

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
and one last one. stereotypical b&w trees over water. the ripples are from a dang muskrat that wouldn't leave the water still.

bw field 5.jpg

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Here's an example of what not to do...ruin a perfectly good picture with a giant piece of wood in the fore ground. Trying to do too much

C61.jpg

Fortunately I took some other photos and was able to stitch this panoramic

C71.jpg

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Beignets from Café du Monde. Had I known this angle had such potential I would have turned the bag around so you could see the name on it.

Beignets 1.jpg

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Worked today for Memorial Day, but both my assignment were at Veterans cemetery's. Not really for critique but didn't know where else to post. iPhone photos.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432596086.983102.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432596114.073906.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432596127.961003.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432596152.972326.jpg

Amazing how many men and women were and are willing to give their lives for our country.

Edit: if you get a chance to go to a veterans cemetery on Memorial Day, do it. It's really awesome to watch people taking time out of their day off work to walk around and read headstones. Powerful stuff.

Last edited:

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I just started shooting a few months ago. Tear me apart. I need advise

I really like the sign in the picture. In my opinon it is what really sets your pic apart from all the similiar pics of evergreens on a lake. The bullet holes make it even better. Adds a rustic lost in the wilderness vibe to it and it also tells the viewer where it was shot with out anything additional outside the picture. It really lets the photo speak for itself.